Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Watching yet more videos and it has to be said he has inbuilt gps of where the corner of a goal is . Watched 50 best goals ans i swear 47 of them were right in the corner. Not off the post  not off the bar. Either top or bottom corner every time. The best finisher in the club ? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He clearly is happy to be here and knows he has to work hard. All looks good so far and should the next 5 months go well I think he'll join in the summer. 

Think your right. He was talking about finding house and new school for his kids. 

11 hours ago, troon_villan said:

He's going to break my heart after registering 0 goals and 1 assist isn't he?

No. He's going to break your heart after getting the obligatory Villa Long Term Injury.  

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Tayls said:

I hadn’t quite realised just how humble he appears to be. It’s made me warm to him almost immediately. I think this could be a decent move for him to try and recreate what he was able to do at Liverpool and play with some freedom.

I’m thinking it was the expectation that came with playing for Barcelona that might have had an impact on his confidence. Whilst he was at Liverpool, they weren’t at the level they are at now in terms of their quality. In many ways I bet he regrets leaving as he wasn’t able to continue to grow with the team.  

I’m glad he has chosen us to try and get him back to where we all know he can be. It’s been said many many times that he is a confidence player, so I’m hopeful that the fans get right behind him and lay off the moans and groans if there is a misplaced pass or something. It’s as much as an opportunity for us, as it is for Philippe. Let’s not spoil it! 

Delighted with this. 

He was bought to replace Iniesta. That's a monumental void to fulfil, to command the presence of a player who's influence earned him a runner up and third place in the ballon d'or, among a number of other accolades of the highest esteem, along the way to winning his club silverware galore and establishing his team as one of, if not the, all time greatest dynasties.

Iniesta was so consistently genius, in a team that was just so undeniably brilliant. I think its fair to say that by the time Coutinho arrived, those days being emulated and the chances of another Barcelona ensemble to be as great as the one that had just ran rampant for as long as it did, was always going to be difficult. 

Without wanting to go on about it, in summary, I feel Coutinho was rather hard done by. He had many moments of magic for Barcelona and i think its a shame that he gets the blame for not living up to expectations. I'm not a follower or supporter of Barcelona but I can say for sure I saw him play to world class standards on enough occasions that I'm guessing he's been fairly harshly criticised because Barcelona threw the cheque book at Liverpool. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

His touch with his left on to his right to shoot👌, it all happened in less then a second and he made it look like he had time to text his Mrs before he got the shot off.

The most impressive thing about his whole video is the save! 

If Coutinho is even 80% of what he was there, we have a special player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

the large scrolling LED news banner kept repeating "Aston Villa sign Coutinho from Barcelona". 

Did it say 'sign' or (ugh) 'signs'? 

(One of my innumerable pet hates). 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Â