Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Luis? Big Peruvian Villa fan based out in the states. Absolutely loves the Villa and works in the media over there. He just comes across as a top bloke.

I like him too. Don’t think he’s ITK at all but always really positive and genuinely loves Villa.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

love this guy 

This quite literally says a lot without saying anything. No one knows shit. Someone leaked that we are in for him (presumably agent / Barca drumming up interest to get a better deal). That’s literally it. There’s zero chance they know a single jot of info about any of the details. I mean I can literally do what they have all been doing.

Villa are in talks over the signing of Coutinho and talks are in an advanced stage [means nothing]. Other teams are interested [are they?] but understand Coutinho is keen to play under Gerrard [tenuous bullshit. How could I know what Coutinho wants]. Understand that a loan is on the table [this would be the leaked info] but length yet to be agreed [I know nothing] and wages remain a stumbling block [I know nothing]. An option to buy might be a possibility [of course it **** is].

All the journalists know is what one or both of the clubs and/or the player’s reps want them to know. 

edit: not having a go at you btw. Just tired of twitter attention seekers and bullshit journalism. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

This quite literally says a lot without saying anything. No one knows shit. Someone leaked that we are in for him (presumably agent / Barca drumming up interest to get a better deal). That’s literally it. There’s zero chance they know a single jot of info about any of the details. I mean I can literally do what they have all been doing.

Villa are in talks over the signing of Coutinho and talks are in an advanced stage [mens nothing]. Other teams are interested [are they?] but understand Coutinho is keen to play under Gerrard [tenuous bullshit. How could I know what Coutinho wants]. Understand that a loan is on the table [this would be the leaked info] but length yet to be agreed [I know nothing] and wages remain a stumbling block [I know nothing]. An option to buy might be a possibility [of course it **** is].

All the journalists know is what one or both of the clubs and/or the player’s reps want them to know. 

Oh well it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Goodbye sweet prince

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The amount of journalists having to have a massive climb down if this happens will be hilarious. Sky won't know what to say

Sky. “Sorry. Can we have an interview please. Please, we’ve always loved you, when we ignored, belittled and generally slagged you off it was all taken out of context. We love you. Can we please have a picture shoot and perhaps make a short film with Phillippe and Steven. Did we mention we love you. Please, please, please.”

AVFC. “No”

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

As I suggest, Purslow will not be rolling over in these discussions, as per tweet above, option to buy is a discussion point. We will find out in the near future no doubt. 

An option to buy is different. That is the option to buy him off Barcelona before his contract is up and offer him a contract ourselves. He would then have the option to accept our contract (presumably at reduced wages) or reject our offer and see out his loan with us under his contract with Barcelona to become a free agent. It’s not really any different to us trying to buy him now and offering him a contract. Barcelona would love that but presumably he doesn’t want to do that as he would rather keep his Barcelona wage for as long as he can. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sky. “Sorry. Can we have an interview please. Please, we’ve always loved you, when we ignored, belittled and generally slagged you off it was all taken out of context. We love you. Can we please have a picture shoot and perhaps make a short film with Phillippe and Steven. Did we mention we love you. Please, please, please.”

AVFC. “No”

I think Purslow follows the £££, he will be the first to brown nose Sky and offer interviews if it is worth £££ to AVFC

Could totally flop but a top player regardless of whats gone on at Barcelona. I was excited thinking we might sign him 8 years ago or whenever it was, actually thought we might get him 😆 

One things for sure, I love the ambition the club are showing to strive and bring in as much quality as possible, always looking to upgrade. 

Hope it works out for all parties if it gets finalised 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do you not agree with what he said? He didn't say we're shit.

Not really

I know he didn’t say we were shit but shat on us…as Stewie goes on to talk about

13 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

There was a section on the BBC Football Daily Podcast where they discussed where Coutinho will end up (without actually answering the question) - Balague basically said Coutinho is washed up, and when the presenter said "hang on, he was excellent at Bayern last year", Balague shot him down and said "anyone would look good playing for Bayern Munich".

The journalists all pretty much agreed that he's not of a standard for clubs more high profile than us but he's still too good to consider signing for little old Aston Villa, and he'd struggle with the physicality of English football.

@Tom13It’s just disrespect from Balague over and over again

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he has played a bit tbf, not a lot but also not as if he hasnt played for 6+ months due to injury.

Last played in December.

image.thumb.png.1ec94bb10161103b05a4c95f40f9c310.png

Hmm, don’t think we should expect too much of him too soon, he hasn’t played over one half of football since October. Might take a while to get up to match fitness, hopefully not 18 months tho.

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Villa are in talks over the signing of Coutinho and talks are in an advanced stage [means nothing]. Other teams are interested [are they?] but understand Coutinho is keen to play under Gerrard [tenuous bullshit. How could I know what Coutinho wants]. Understand that a loan is on the table [this would be the leaked info] but length yet to be agreed [I know nothing] and wages remain a stumbling block [I know nothing]. An option to buy might be a possibility [of course it **** is].

edit: not having a go at you btw. Just tired of twitter attention seekers and bullshit journalism. 

You’re absolutely right, there no real evidence that he’s going to sign for us. Anyway, how many goals do you think he’ll get for us this season and how many assists?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

There was a section on the BBC Football Daily Podcast where they discussed where Coutinho will end up (without actually answering the question) - Balague basically said Coutinho is washed up, and when the presenter said "hang on, he was excellent at Bayern last year", Balague shot him down and said "anyone would look good playing for Bayern Munich".

The journalists all pretty much agreed that he's not of a standard for clubs more high profile than us but he's still too good to consider signing for little old Aston Villa, and he'd struggle with the physicality of English football

Hang on, are we talking about the same player? I have literally seen him be one of the best players in English football for like 5 straight seasons with my own eyes. Ludicrous. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Have you quite finished?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Have you quite finished?

FWIW I do think this has legs and will happen, but I don’t believe for a second these journalist and twitter itk etc know anything and I find their attention seeking really exhausting.

But anyway,  back on track, let’s all get excited!

• Like 1

Â