Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

Just now, a-k said:

We have five academy players on the bench. F*** off Klopp, Tuchel, and Pep.

Just imagine the hissy fit either would throw if they had to field that level of bench!

We've got to hope for no injuries at front or back here - no experienced cover on the bench for any of the back four, I love Feeney, but you wouldn't want to put a sixteen year old up against Toney and we've only got Archer there to cover for Ings. I'm guessing that whatever has happened to Watkins happened very late in the week, or we'd have kept Davis for another few days.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

If he plays well and smashes a couple of goals it will also add to the one up top argument being the way forward. We all know it.

Then creates a new issue, which one? :lol: 

Its a nice problem though

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We really miss Ashley Young's ability to cover a number of positions.

It's the weakest bench I've seen from us in a long time.

Not only his covering but his leadership too, we need experience as well as youth.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We really miss Ashley Young's ability to cover a number of positions.

It's the weakest bench I've seen from us in a long time.

Yes were a Central Defender and Fullback short , has to be a priority in this window

Missing both Mings and Watkins is a big loss. 
We need a big performance from the front 3! Traore wont last the 90 so the bench might be important. With Trez and AEG we should be ok up front. We’re in big trouble if we get an injury in the back line! 

• Like 1

"Ollie Watkins not included in the matchday squad" is what the OS says.

I'll be a lot happier when we know exactly what's up with him - that almost sounds like a disciplinary thing; hopefully not.

That is concerning. If it was Covid or injury surely the OS would say Ollie is unavailable. But not included sniffs of a bid for him

"Ollie Watkins not included in the matchday squad" is what the OS says.

I'll be a lot happier when we know exactly what's up with him - that almost sounds like a disciplinary thing; hopefully not.

One of my pet hates is how football clubs don’t share the answers to questions everyone is asking.