Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not a tough game, we just used to make it look hard, as Smith never wanted to beat his mate. We will have a better chance with Gerrard I have no doubt.

How odd. You think Villa fan Dean Smith didn't want to win every game he was our manager?

I think it is potentially a tough game considering they are only two points below us in the table with a game in hand.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If McGinn is back, we're not far off full strength for this one (new positive tests allowing) with the exception of Nakamba and the suspended Mings.

I'd love to see:

-----------------------------Martinez----------------------------

Cash----------Konsa------------Hause---------Targett

---------McGinn-----------Luiz------------Sanson---------

-------------------Buendia--------Ramsey-------------------

-----------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

I reckon that should do it.

It's the upside-down Christmas tree formation.🎄 Well it is Christmas time and maybe it would work !

• Haha 1

If McGinn is back, we're not far off full strength for this one (new positive tests allowing) with the exception of Nakamba and the suspended Mings.

I'd love to see:

-----------------------------Martinez----------------------------

Cash----------Konsa------------Hause---------Targett

---------McGinn-----------Luiz------------Sanson---------

-------------------Buendia--------Ramsey-------------------

-----------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

I reckon that should do it.

That should absolutely be the XI.

For some real carnage you could switch McGinn and Ramsey.

Don't think we'll see McGinn up in that advanced role until we sign another strong centre mid. What fun it'll be whenever the day comes.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Zero7 said:

THis is will be very tough, they were really good last night. 

Agreed. I saw about 30 minutes of it. Despite missing several starters, when they had possession (which wasn't often), they caused City problems and were unlucky not to score. On the other end, while City were not as clinical as usual, they still held them to one goal, and that was only because of one ball-watching lapse.

This will be a good test. The top 4 is still a long way off, but these are the sort of matches we need to win if we're going to progress into the top 8, which is the next step.

Edited by TomC
  • Like 4

On 29/12/2021 at 17:46, foreveryoung said:

It's not a tough game, we just used to make it look hard, as Smith never wanted to beat his mate. We will have a better chance with Gerrard I have no doubt.

You are kidding? Of course it's a tough game, especially if they play like they did against Citeh. 

We’ve had a week to prepare for this game and as much as Brentford are well organised, they do have a small squad and played twice this week already, hopefully we might just get them at the right time. 1-2 Villa.

• Like 1

Main call is who comes in at CB I think (I assume McGinn is o.k to return so midfield largely picks itself).

They have a long throw so that would suit Hause but not sure what he'll be like v their forwards as they do have good movement.

They've beaten Watford and Everton at home in last month and only lost 0-1 to Man. City so this is curveball fixture and we never do well v them anyway.

2-2 which will be solid enough.

• Like 1

I think it has to be Hause, he's better set up to deal with Toney's physicality and I'm not sure how committed Tuanzebe is given that by the sound of things he'll be in Italy next week.

We're in good form and they've lost a little of that promotion bounce - it'll be a difficult one, but it's winnable.

I'd put McGinn straight back in and move Ramsey forward, I'd move Watkins back up front with Ings being the man to miss out.

• Like 4

I think it has to be Hause, he's better set up to deal with Toney's physicality and I'm not sure how committed Tuanzebe is given that by the sound of things he'll be in Italy next week.

We're in good form and they've lost a little of that promotion bounce - it'll be a difficult one, but it's winnable.

I'd put McGinn straight back in and move Ramsey forward, I'd move Watkins back up front with Ings being the man to miss out.

It should be Hause left foot LCB and Taunzebe is rubbish

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't just play Hause because of that. 

I would play him because imo he is a better overall defender.

• Like 2