Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

"Ollie Watkins not included in the matchday squad" is what the OS says.

I'll be a lot happier when we know exactly what's up with him - that almost sounds like a disciplinary thing; hopefully not.

Lukaku swap, it's the only explanation.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Will this be Ings first start without Watkins?

No.  Watkins was injured at the start of the season and missed the first couple of games.  Ings played and scored. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Lukaku swap, it's the only explanation.

At least someone is thinking clearly. As Ollie is younger I assume it would be with some cash our direction, or maybe Lukaku and Gallagher thrown in as a sweetner

• Haha 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58962343

Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard has declined to explicitly state the reason for Ollie Watkins' absence but confirmed Villa are suffering problems with Covid and injuries. Read into that what you will.

Hopefully Covid related.

There's a phrase I didn't think I'd ever write.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

At least someone is thinking clearly. As Ollie is younger I assume it would be with some cash our direction, or maybe Lukaku and Gallagher thrown in as a sweetner

Bang on Pete and I'm expecting Rüdiger to be missing for them today, he still hasn't put pen to paper, he's desperate to come here.

• Like 1

Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard has declined to explicitly state the reason for Ollie Watkins' absence but confirmed Villa are suffering problems with Covid and injuries. Read into that what you will.

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Wow 16 year old Josh Feeney on the bench! Not heard too much about this kid, and it obviously reflects player absence rather than stellar trajectory, but good to see.

Composed and intelligent from what I've seen on him in the under23's, so that jump up was a piece of cake it looks. Doubt we will see him but the experience for him is brilliant, this is what's so great about this game and not the Billions being thown at it.

expect us to win today even though we have a weaker bench and are missing Young and Watkins. Looking forward to seeing Traore back after a long time, he is definitely capable of bamboozling the Brentford defence (and himself tbf 🤣) and could be a bit of a wildcard for us at some point in the game. Would also like to see trezeguet make an appearance to possibly get a back post special.