Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

Test of Gerard ball today - will we see us push forwards or will we go backwards? We have been consistent so far, personally I think we will see the same again and it will be too much for Brentford. Hause used to be a bit of a liability with his passing, not sure I want to see him trying to play out all the time, can see a defensive screw up today for sure.  

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It really is difficult not to have a soft spot for Brentford. 

I see us scoring 6 in a close run thing.

I am intrigued in the transformation of their style under Thomas Frank....much harder to beat, now.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Test of Gerard ball today - will we see us push forwards or will we go backwards? We have been consistent so far, personally I think we will see the same again and it will be too much for Brentford. Hause used to be a bit of a liability with his passing, not sure I want to see him trying to play out all the time, can see a defensive screw up today for sure.  

I fear that in most games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Bloody tested positive so can’t go to the game today so will be watching on tv instead. 
Predicting a comfortable away win with Ollie getting on the scoresheet.

I would love to think you'll be right.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No Mings. I know he can be a liability, but he does provide that vocal presence that shouldn't be underestimated. 

yes, usually the sweeper or last man...he does that bit well.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Brentford will make it a tough game but given their injuries anything less than 3 points will feel disappointing. 

We have a good run of games now until early March where we should be looking to win most of them. Even Manure this month is winnable as they're not all that, we should be looking to at least draw that one.

If we can get say a minimum of 4 points from the next 3 (Brentford, Manure and Everton), the next 5 after that are all games we should be winning other than maybe Brighton away. 

Certainly should be looking at a return of around 14-16 points from the next 8 games which should mean we're firmly ensconced in the top 8 going into the last 2 months of the season.

Really looking forward to this one, it won’t be an easy game but it’s one we should be aiming to win. I expect to see us take control of the midfield and work some magic from there. Brentford will be well organised but then so are we under Gerrard. Hoping we haven’t lost any more to covid and we can field a strong team. 

0-1 Villa - Watkins to score 🤞🏻

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

SJM should be back today, he featured in the training video. Hopefully the rest has supercharged him, he’s amazing when on top form. 

I really think he makes a huge difference, my comment above was a bit of fun as most of my posts are, we needs them all to be on their game in this league, if they are today we win comfortably.

Brentford won't roll over though, great club and manager who is getting the best out of everyone at his disposal.

Really hoping to see some magic from Emi2 and Bertie today too, hope the latter gets minutes again, such an entertaining player to watch and very dangerous.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tinker said:

Really need to not lose this one, if we do then the next games look so much harder to get anything from. 2-2 for me. 

Why does a defeat make the next games any harder? 

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

is it possible to get sky sports one day pass ?

Yes from NowTV, £9.99 I believe. 

I used to buy them all the time but then realised I can watch elsewhere for free and without giving Sky any of my hard earned. Which is nice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1