Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

A start for Traore is a surprise but I'm happy enough with the side, I'd maybe have preferred Sanson in midfield and Ramsey with Buendia instead, but it's a good chance for Traore to show he can play the role.

Bit of pressure on Ings today - he needs to produce.

Bench is a strange one - brilliant to see Feeney, Iroegbanum and Chukwuemeka, but we've got four wide forwards on the bench in a system that doesn't play wide forwards. There's only really Sanson on there that you'd think would be disappointed to be on the bench, and only really Sanson and Chukwuemeka challenging for an actual first team spot. 

Without Mings, Tuanzebe, Bailey, Watkins and Nakamba we look a bit thin.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A start for Traore is a surprise but I'm happy enough with the side, I'd maybe have preferred Sanson in midfield and Ramsey with Buendia instead, but it's a good chance for Traore to show he can play the role.

Bit of pressure on Ings today - he needs to produce.

Bench is a strange one - brilliant to see Feeney, Iroegbanum and Chukwuemeka, but we've got four wide forwards on the bench in a system that doesn't play wide forwards. There's only really Sanson on there that you'd think would be disappointed to be on the bench, and only really Sanson and Chukwuemeka challenging for an actual first team spot. 

Without Mings, Tuanzebe, Bailey, Watkins and Nakamba we look a bit thin.

The wide forwards are basically because the squad is wide forward heavy and we now don't play wide forwards so much!

Hopefully at least 1 number 10 will come in in jan and we offload some players like trez and el ghazi.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

So excited for a Bertie masterclass

I can imagine Gerrard losing his marbles with him in the first 15!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Wonder who will play the right side of the 10s?, as both bertie and buendia seem to prefer the right side?

I recall Buendia on the left a few matches ago and he looked quite decent.