Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/12/21 at 23:59

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We can all say " Why didn't we start playing like that from the start " ? 

However, if we did, it possibly could have been over by half time.

I think it's a reflection of Liverpool as much as us, they dropped off after the goal and looked to counter meaning the press dropped off and we could play more 

Liverpool were the 1st English team to get 6 wins from 6 in the CL group and went 2nd today, they're no mugs, klopp, salah and especially their fans make it hard to say but they're a seriously good team

That's 2 good teams in 10 days we've lost to by 1 goal and if you say the chuk chance and the pen shout we could have drawn both 

Players can be proud of that... wouldn't expect heads to drop. Liverpool are on a different planet and were off it today. Would normally have scored 2 or 3 of those chances first half. Took the foot off after the goal and we might've nicked it.

Thought the Allison/Ings was a pen, but ref was super lenient on pens in 1st half too so swings and roundabouts.

Play with that level of effort and intention and we'll beat most teams in this league.

Decent battling performance, I love that we fight now. We did very well to hold a potent Liverpool team to a one nil loss.

It was backs to the wall for long periods, but we defended manfully today and showed some promise moving forwards.

Mings was done for pace with the pen, so yes, another rick from him, but he was excellent in many other ways.

Plenty of positives, biggest negative is our inability to string passes together and has been for a while.

Bring on Norwich.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Awful. 

3 steps forward 2 steps back. 

Negative tactics. Negative mindset. We're better than this. 

Voted Martinez motm which tells you all you need to know about the game. 

Did the Leeds result upset you? What we supposed to do, we played Liverpool, a team that have battered many opponents, we don't have the team to take the game to them, so yes damage limitation and hit them on the break, what is wrong with that? 

• Like 2

Mings had a great game other than his mistake for the pen but a lot of defenders would eventually end up conceding one faced with that many waves of attacks spearheaded by Salah tbh, can't really hate

Targett v good and committed; Buendia looks fitter, or more clear on what he's being asked to do, or something

Kind of maddening for Cash to take so long prepping a long throw with 20 seconds to go, you're not going to get time added on for that as if it was a corner

Idk about our pen shout tbh, not gonna bother watching the two disinterested replays it gets on MOTD. Theirs definitely was, no point kicking off over it

Glad this bastard of a run is over without too much damage to morale or goal difference, would have taken three wins from five at the start of Gerrard's reign no problem. This was our least enjoyable and impressive performance under him so far, but you have to factor in the opposition as Liverpool were strong in possession and were hardly at any point there for the taking like City were in the second half at VP

• Like 1

I felt we gave them a little to much respect today with the tactics. Didn't mind the first half backs against the wall, but didn't expect to come out at half time the same. Should have come out firing and possibly could have sneaked something out of it.

No taking anything away from Liverplop though, they are a fantastic side, although they should be, with the help of the media and referee's, certainly gives them the edge.

• Like 1

1-0 against one of the ebst teams in Europe, no disgrace. Could have snatched something but they were the far better team. The Mings pen was clear, it was clumsy on his part but he was magnificent throughout, not sure about the Ings one would have to watch it again. 

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

I mean like calling him to the screen to look at that, you can't tell me if that had happened the other end it wouldn't have been given!

Ohh that’s a good point. Probably because that indicates the call will be overturned. No chance it was going to be. And it absolutely would’ve been given if that was Salah.

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

To be honest neither Man City or Liverpool have embarrased us. We lost by one goal in each and today was not even a goal in open play. I had already written off City & plop so no great shock

Agreed. I thought from our last 3 games we might get a point, I'm pretty happy with 3. That's the hardest run of fixtures this season out of the way. On we go. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are another level. Was always a free hit. 6 points from next 2 please.

We saw too different formations and playing styles. Great experience and the lads can take a lot of confidence. Big question marks over the full backs, they need competition and certainly players that can offer more going forward. Too often caught out of position.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Awful. 

3 steps forward 2 steps back. 

Negative tactics. Negative mindset. We're better than this. 

Voted Martinez motm which tells you all you need to know about the game. 

3 steps forward 2 steps back Eh. Well that means we're making proress at a good rate then doesn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â