V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

On 19/05/2023 at 23:15, HalfTimePost said:

Shame that Vegas Villains didn't work out.. but if it was going to cost them £500m to set up then maybe we'll see our plans sped up a bit. Not that they'd have turned the taps off for us for Vegas but £500m would put a dent in anybodies spending, silver linings and all that

Maybe we need to speak to Messi. The rumour is that he has a clause in his MLS contract which allows him to set up a MLS franchise at a cut price fee. Perhaps NSWE could provide him with business support in exchange for the new entity being VV?  

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Tell that to Newcastle and Chelsea :P 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Tell that to Newcastle and Chelsea :P 

It is a joke when you have the Newcastle, Man City and Chelsea situations and UEFA is getting its knickers in a twist over a minority shareholding in a Portuguese team. 

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thnk there are a few things happening at once that together look like something going bad - I don't think they are, it's an unfortunate convergence of coincidence.

I think we have to trust the people, wait a couple of months and try to keep on an even keel.

I don't think this is really much of anything, as others have said, it's just a compliance issue.

What is this level headed flim flam

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks to me like they have just done some clever accounting to meeting UEFA regulations. I doubt the interest and future investment in the club will change. 

Same, I'm guessing they can change the percentages they can change the names on the papers but the original intent and any kind of mutual benefit it would bring both clubs would still exist

They don't need to own 100% of the club in order to have access to their scouting network which I see as the main benefit to Villa

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If there are new rules for us owning Vitoria. Surely other multiple club models like City need to do something too

They are looking to curb multi club ownership. City has been getting away with it as I believe all the club's they own are in different territories. 

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They are looking to curb multi club ownership. City has been getting away with it as I believe all the club's they own are in different territories. 

No they've bought troyes in France, girona in Spain, lommel in Belgium and palermo in Italy

The difference is they don't do anything with those clubs to make them successful, City won't play any of them in the CL any time soon

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Like?

Fair enough. I checked and either the teams don't play in the same competition (man city group), or they're doing similar rejigs to us....

Brighton and Union Saint-Gilloise 

Toulouse and AC Milan

The rules don't say anything about acceptable ownership levels,  just that an individual must not have control or undue influence over two clubs in the same contest.

I'd have thought that stepping down as directors would have been enough. We were already a minority stakeholder so why they dropped it further I'm not sure.

But its funny how rigorously they clamp down on this...and how freely they let City get away with everything for so long that their statute of limitations runs out before they charge them.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Good. I hope they sell the rest too. 

Multi club ownership stinks, and I don’t want my club to be associated with it in any form. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Cant have teams like Villa and Brighton owning other clubs, might upset the corrupt elite teams, who also own other clubs, but dont worry about that ofc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Cant have teams like Villa and Brighton owning other clubs, might upset the corrupt elite teams, who also own other clubs, but dont worry about that ofc.

The headline literally mentions Chelsea’s takeover of Strasbourg 🤣 

• Haha 1

Â