Match Thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we've been dire though, can't keep possession for toffee, Gerrard needs to give them a rocket up the arse

Young at LB is a huge problem. He can't find a pass. He's being pressed constantly down the wing. He's being exposed atm

• Like 1

We look dangerous when we get into their final third. We're atrocious whenever we are not there though, weather in possession or not.

I also seem to be in the minority in thinking Ramsey's goal shouldn't have stood, but I certainly wish it had.

I'm expecting a different level of performance in the second half, their press has been killing us and when we get caught with a high line it's always a massive worry

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Young at LB is a huge problem. He can't find a pass. He's being pressed constantly down the wing. He's being exposed atm

I thought he was one of our better players, it’s Cash getting constantly torn a new one on the other side that worries me more.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He was in control for a second. JJ had every right to attack it. They've deliberately made it look like he's in more control than he is.

1/12 of a second apparently 

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So at 1 nil the keeper can just dribble around their own box with their hand until the end of the game and nobody is allowed to challenge him?

That's a good point.. If we score another we should try that tactic.. Give it to Martinez, he just sits down and rolls the ball back and forth for half an hour. No one can challenge him, we win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

Shambolic decision aside, we need our midfield to support the attack better, when it's getting up to Buendia and Watkins, they have no real options and have to either wait and be pressured and/or play it backwards.

Yes midfield poor first half.