Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Yeah I don't really get the stick for Buendia. Granted any positives from that half is a bit of grasping at straws, but aside from one break where he picked the wrong pass I think his performance has been a real plus. Has actually managed to set us off on some transitions with some quality touches and generally looked one of the few dangers to them.

• Like 3

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Yeah Man City are really good. And they seem smug about it so it's annoying, but why can blame them and tbf they work bloody hard too. Very disciplined and extremely well coached. 

At least we can say they've scored two excellent goals to get ahead - of course we can still find faults from our side for both, but really we've done alright to hold them off at times when they've been absolutely throttling us in our defensive third. 

Bloody frustrating that we've messed up the final ball on a couple of great counter attacks particularly when they could clearly be got at. But we'll learn from this hopefully. 

Before the two goals we marshalled well given their intense press so far as Jesus had to dive to try and win a pen and Zinchenko had a pot shot at Emi. It's very hard to maintain those levels against such opposition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, I think people are getting on Buendia out of frustration.

He hasn't actually looked too bad, and is trying.

Some of those bad touches, are from bad passes.

Buendia is fine.

it’s the idiots around him that can’t see a simple pass

1 minute ago, smg said:

We have been second best across the board but why do so many people fail to recognise the performance of the opposition in creating this situation ? As hard as it is to take they are better than us and making it very hard for our players to get going. Also some of our big signings appear to be sh*t.

?

Almost every post is acknowledging how disgusting good this City team, and squad, is.

Just now, Indigo said:

Yeah I don't really get the stick for Buendia. Granted any positives from that half is a bit of grasping at straws, but aside from one break where he picked the wrong pass I think his performance has been a real plus. Has actually managed to set us off on some transitions with some quality touches and generally looked one of the few dangers to them.

Buendia or Luiz motm for me so far 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They are tiring us out mate.

I've never seen Cash look spent, so early in a game, ever.

Villa can't stop spending Cash.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We lost this game 6-1 last season for reference. 

Man City are pathetically good and it's annoying. It is what it is. 

No we didn’t, it was 1-2.

• Like 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Difference between top sides imho. They are not show ponies they all work harder as well. Ugh I hate complimenting them but its true.

They are ridiculously well drilled when moving the ball from defence. It's unrelenting to the point of it being tedious because it's very hard to counter.

• Like 1

It's what city do. Just look how good they are at passing around the back. 

People will notice Silva's finish, but look at the headed one-two in their own box and a back heel to set the break off. 

Theyre just good.

Which is why Pep looks even more like a sausage when he complains he only has 15 £60mil players to choose from instead of 20.