Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Just now, Skruff said:

Think Buendia still looks rusty. But he's also played on killer ball to Watkins and been instrumental the few times we've played off city's press. The criticism is a bit over the top. 

Thought has had some great touches. 

• Like 4

Why are things always mings’ fault according to some. mcginn has one job in that move. Track your man. He leaves him to run off his back, leaving konsa 1:2. How the hell is that mings’ at fault? Lazy, lazy basics and that’s the key difference in the sides. Basic touch, basic decisions, basic marking, basic charging down of shots. They do all of them well, all the time. We can’t do any of them when under pressure. 

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If cash had a single brain cell it would have been 1-0

if Bailey wasn’t all about me me me it would have been 1-0

what can we do if our players have rocks for brains?

Blame Dean Smith

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

We sat back and let them do what they wanted for 15 minutes, then we start getting the ball and playing triangles around our own 6 yard box, and then we pushed our entire defence up into their half when we had the ball leaving us 3 on 2 for a counter.

Be consistent with your criticism.

Get off the everyone is against Smith bandwagon. I asked a question. I did not criticise.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I had to leave the room when they got the first, let's just say things might have got broken.

I knew it was 0-2 through a closed door as I heard Tyldsley hitting orgasm.

He actually said ‘pick that out’ when they scored the second.

• Like 1

The 3 breaks we had and each time gave the ball to them rather than make a simple pass, those 3 poor decisions cost us.

Really not been impressed with either Bailey or emi, Bailey every time he gets on the pitch loses the ball 90% of the time and emi just passes them the ball.

Man City every single time we play them are on top form, I expect a soft pen and possibly another couple goals 2nd half.

Not sure why we changed a winning midfield ?

Just now, The_Steve said:

That's a ridiculous comparison and you know it - this is a City team with an 'injury crisis' and they can put a mix of first and second string players that cost more in wages and fees most teams in the league can dream of.

I’m not saying they don’t have a lot of expensive players, I’m just stating that our team cost a lot also.

Of course their squad depth is better but our team cost a fortune. 

Just now, villanmac said:

That league is shite - was watching it in lockdown and the standard is awful. That's why agents are falling over themselves to get kids over there

Everyone plays a high line. 

It's so easy for attackers 

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They have to live with the fact their owners are war criminals responsible for genocide in Yemen.

I don't think the majority are sensible or compassionate enough to give a dying duck about any of that. Look at Newcastle.

• Like 2

Just now, samjp26 said:

I’m not saying they don’t have a lot of expensive players, I’m just stating that our team cost a lot also.

Of course their squad depth is better but our team cost a fortune. 

them 2021 rates mate

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Thought has had some great touches. 

Fernandinho is double marking him and kicking lumps out of him. Same with Ollie.

They are working doubly hard to make space. Some of his forward play has been good given the opposition.

People just want a scapegoat

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ederson £35m

Cancelo £27.5m (plus player exchange)

Dias £50m

Ake £41m

Zinchenko £1.7m

Rodri £62.6m

Fernandinho £34m

Bernardo Silva £50m

G Jesus £27m

Sterling £44m

That XI cost over £372m 

That's only the half of it though. 

It's the salaries that probably dwarf that figure. 

They are probably on average on £10m a year each, 5 year contracts. 

So another £550m needed for the wages. 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I would **** love Villa to be this boring.  They're an immense side.

They are absolutely brilliant no denying that, on a completely different level, but I just don't enjoy watching them. I'd occasionally go out of my way to watch Barcelona, Madrid, or Bayern at their best, but never this City side. Definitely respect their ability, but I don't like watching them. Maybe it's my dislike for the club colouring my judgement though :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ederson £35m

Cancelo £27.5m (plus player exchange)

Dias £50m

Ake £41m

Zinchenko £1.7m

Rodri £62.6m

Fernandinho £34m

Bernardo Silva £50m

G Jesus £27m

Sterling £44m

That XI cost over £372m

A month a go people were calling for smiths head because we've got ambitious owners and spent a load of money... 

We've spent peanuts compared to these words removed 

In the Grealish thread people were saying our project, a couple of years we'll be doing bits

Man City are a different animal

• Like 1