Michael Beale

maqroll

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

SG promoted Liam Bramley and then Bramley shortly went to join Norwich with Dean. I think Danks may take more responsibility if/when Beale leaves. Who knows? I would say the majority of us don't know our elbows from our arses on a coaching pitch. 😂

However, I think it is a sign of a poor manager if they struggle without a certain coach. 

Agreed. If Gerrard isn't able to cope with a coach leaving from time to time whilst keeping the wagon rolling, no matter how integral they may seem, then we should probably bin him off too. I'm hopeful that isn't the case. It's not like we have been pulling up tress under the current setup anyway, so maybe a change will do us good. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Stolen from FB;

So the exact quote from Gerrard's book:

"It's still quite fun to fantasise a little. If totally hypothetically I was gonna become Liverpool manager one day, I know who I would love to have as my assistant, Xabi Alonso."

Fingers crossed! I feel like he'd be great for no reason at all.

3 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

However, I think it is a sign of a poor manager if they struggle without a certain coach. 

I disagree with that; Clough was never quite the same after he fell out with Peter Taylor. Wenger never reached the same heights after Pat Rice left. Other side of the coin, yes, Ferguson was able to reshuffle with multiple assistants, as has been Mourinho. 

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Interestingly though, alonso has just left his previous job....

I've heard we're interested in Diego Carlos from Sevilla.

Where you been all day? lol

Sleepin on the thread fam!

5 hours ago, kayarcee said:

I disagree with that; Clough was never quite the same after he fell out with Peter Taylor. Wenger never reached the same heights after Pat Rice left. Other side of the coin, yes, Ferguson was able to reshuffle with multiple assistants, as has been Mourinho. 

I think a coaching staff is similar to a team in that the combination has to be right.  Mourinho and Ferguson were/are adaptable and have that philosophy of change being good, whereas the Clough/Taylor thing was always about the balance - I think Taylor kept Clough grounded to a certain extent and you're right, he was never as good without Taylor.  Wenger replaced Rice with Bould because Arsenal couldn't defend and to be fair, Bould didn't make a whole lot of difference..... 

Gerrard strikes me as having a similar mindset to Mourinho in that he is the dominant character, while steering his staff where he wants them.  The difference, as Gerrard has correctly pointed out, is that, unlike a player who has played well into their mid 30's, Mourinho was ahead of the curve compared to other coaches of the same age due to not having much of a playing career.  

It’ll be interesting to see how Beale gets on as manager. Rangers fans raved about him but I think it’s impossible to judge from the outside how influential he is. QPR should be in for a strong season if he is that much of a genius, especially as I can’t see any of the PL relegated teams being guaranteed bounce backs.

56 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’ll be interesting to see how Beale gets on as manager. Rangers fans raved about him but I think it’s impossible to judge from the outside how influential he is. QPR should be in for a strong season if he is that much of a genius, especially as I can’t see any of the PL relegated teams being guaranteed bounce backs.

Being  a coach and being a manager isn’t the same. Managers have a broader scope of responsibilities which require a different skill set. Beale may already  have or be able to quickly acquire those skills or he may not. I don’t blame him for trying to test himself. Trying it is the only way to find out and good luck to him. He’ll get the answers pretty quickly, whether he’s afforded the time to add those additional skills to his proven coaching skill remains to be seen. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've heard we're interested in Diego Carlos from Sevilla.

Where you been all day? lol

Sleepin on the thread fam!

Just make sure you break the news gently about Jack leaving, you don’t want to go upsetting the poor lad!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Being  a coach and being a manager isn’t the same. Managers have a broader scope of responsibilities which require a different skill set. Beale may already  have or be able to quickly acquire those skills or he may not. I don’t blame him for trying to test himself. Trying it is the only way to find out and good luck to him. He’ll get the answers pretty quickly, whether he’s afforded the time to add those additional skills to his proven coaching skill remains to be seen. 

I agree, I don’t think he’s been deceitful with us, sounds like the club have known about his intentions for a while so hopefully we are well prepared. Good luck to him, I’ll be keeping an eye out for how they get on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Steve McLaren is supposed to be an excellent coach but his management skills didn't back it up. I dont think he has the man management skills for it 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Steve McLaren is supposed to be an excellent coach but his management skills didn't back it up. I dont think he has the man management skills for it 

Steve McLaren the Dutchman? 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Back at Man Utd under Ten Hag

Â