Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Man we need some monumental transformations to turn our league from around.

I'm not even sure Gerrard changing the midfield would help.

His system is rotten to the core, irrespective of who plays in it.

Our terrible distance covered stats are indicative of the fact noone has a clue what they're doing. It's a shambles.

He needs the boot before it's too late to save the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Well, the comment was specifically about Purslow saying about getting into Europe. But accepting that he didn't say that I do agree that he said we would be up there and pushing for Europe. After 3 games, W1 L2, I suspect it is a tad early to say we haven't met the goal of pushing for Europe. 

Results wise maybe. Performance wise these 3 games make us look miles off. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Man we need some monumental transformations to turn our league from around.

I'm not even sure Gerrard changing the midfield would help.

His system is rotten to the core, irrespective of who plays in it.

Our terrible distance covered stats are indicative of the fact noone has a clue what they're doing. It's a shambles.

He needs the boot before it's too late to save the season.

I think our distance running stat is so low because we have like 58% possession this season, and when we're in possession we play at such a pedestrian pace, hardly anyone breaks into a jog.

25 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Its not looking good for him (or us)

If we win four games next month, I'm sure I could find a stat saying that " No other Villa Manager has ever won 4 matches in a September after 3 pm in a month where Tyrone Mings hasn't scored "

Yes the stats are shit. However I find pictures can be painted with stats to suit any narrative.

" Steven Gerrard is the only Villa Manager to ever have beaten Everton on a Saturday in a game where Anwar El Ghazi wasn't fasting "

Last week it was one saying he would be the worst Villa Manager in history or something like that. Lol

I don't reckon I even need research to rebuff some of these things, as I've been a Villa fan long enough and have other memories.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I have already went through 20 of them

Aah… so you must have been a big fan of SG to start off with considering you bought at least 20 figures of him!

🤣🤣🤣

One would’ve done the job mate 🤣

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am happy to eat humble pie but I am confident I won't need to

You're wrong constantly :lol:

You usually respond with no that's not the point.

Or just pointlessly list a fact like "Gerrard is our manager because our owners appointed him".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

The Board have to make decisions that they believe are right for the club. Its fairly irrelevant whether you or I or anyone else thought Deano could take us to the next level,. They obviously believe Gerrard has more chance of success at Villa than Deano. The board made a conscious decision to employ a rookie and they decided the risk was worth it. Having made the decision to employ a rookie it would be daft to sack him before he has learned on the job.

I’m not gonna say anything 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think our distance running stat is so low because we have like 58% possession this season, and when we're in possession we play at such a pedestrian pace, hardly anyone breaks into a jog.

You might be right, but I bet man city, and some other teams, have more average possession than us. And probably covered significantly more distance. 

10 hours ago, messi11 said:

As a Gerrard Outer, it confuses me how we are sitting 10th in the table since Gerrard took over.

This dross i'm watching week in and out is enough to get 10th place? I mean if he can get it to click into places top 8 really isn't that out of the question!

Are we (I) being too harsh on Gerrard? 

He has won 3 out of the last 15 and has only managed us for 30 matches. The drop off in form after the initial manager's bounce has been shocking.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He has won 3 out of the last 15 and has only managed us for 30 matches. The drop off in form after the initial manager's bounce has been shocking.  

I find it surprising, after watching how shite we are, seeing his record, seeing the stats… that people are so willing to defend and back the guy… if his name wasn’t Steven Gerrard then I think there would be a lot more discontent or fury… can’t see any other reason but fine, if people want to do that then carry on by all means…

Just a bit peculiar how some people have suddenly started to change their tune a bit, for no apparent reason…

spacer.png

Â