Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yes I wish the journos would ask more specific directed questions but they wouldn't be let in would they. 

I totally agree about the lack of improvement, I'm just tired of changing coaches every 5 mins. 

Yeah especially now too. I’d rather we changed now then spent however long waiting for Gerrard to find his feet, because that’s what we’re watching 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

right I'm going to risk the outright vitriol this may deserve but I believe Gerard has put this club back two years.  Not only does he play a style of football that simply doesn't work in the prem.  narrow midfield with no wide midfielders/wingers relying on fullback to offer an out on the wings, which in turn exposes the central defenders.  so we struggle to get through a packed midfield going forward and get hit on the counter far too easily.  on top of that we seem unable to defend set pieces with the same players who have been so good at it in the past.  worse than that he is getting rid of decent players (traore, sanson) and refusing to bring in players that will improve us that we won't have the chance to sign again (sarr clearly was all done until Gerard spoke to the player and the in his words "decided to go in another direction".  Yep backwards. 

Right now to sit back and wait for the muppet comments.  I hope I'm proven very wrong indeed starting with a demolition of West ham, although even I admit this isnt the fixture that will decide our season.  The run of 4 games from Leicester will really make or break it.

And that's without considering the morale of the club and the fans. The feelgood spirit is all but gone

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Such a shit manager to get beaten by Palace. Oh wait, does that mean Pep is shit too? Or is he even worse because their squad cost 100 x more or worst of all, palace aren’t even at full strength v city without Zaha. 

Ive missed this thread. 

Interesting take. 

5 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

right I'm going to risk the outright vitriol this may deserve but I believe Gerard has put this club back two years.  Not only does he play a style of football that simply doesn't work in the prem.  narrow midfield with no wide midfielders/wingers relying on fullback to offer an out on the wings, which in turn exposes the central defenders.  so we struggle to get through a packed midfield going forward and get hit on the counter far too easily.  on top of that we seem unable to defend set pieces with the same players who have been so good at it in the past.  worse than that he is getting rid of decent players (traore, sanson) and refusing to bring in players that will improve us that we won't have the chance to sign again (sarr clearly was all done until Gerard spoke to the player and the in his words "decided to go in another direction".  Yep backwards. 

Right now to sit back and wait for the muppet comments.  I hope I'm proven very wrong indeed starting with a demolition of West ham, although even I admit this isnt the fixture that will decide our season.  The run of 4 games from Leicester will really make or break it.

I think this is a valid concern. Especially with him changing the transfer plans to older players with no resale value. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And that's without considering the morale of the club and the fans. The feelgood spirit is all but gone

Yep after promotion and staying up it was as happy a place as I remember it being. In a year it’s become very negative - Mings stripped of the captaincy, our top youth prospect sold off to Chelsea, Bailey’s dad’s outburst today all examples from just the last month… we need something to turn things around. Maybe Emi Martinez scoring from a goal kick, that’d cheer people up…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Such a shit manager to get beaten by Palace. Oh wait, does that mean Pep is shit too? Or is he even worse because their squad cost 100 x more or worst of all, palace aren’t even at full strength v city without Zaha. 

Ive missed this thread. 

Yeah the issue is more that we also lost to teams like Bournemouth who are currently 6-0 down at half time and below us with a goal difference of -10 despite beating us…

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He is not even a coach mate, he is a glorified DOF on 5 million big ones a year, he really is boiling my piss  

Once again I can't think of anything logical to make an argument with you.

I just can't see him getting sscked anytime soon and if he does it means that we are still losing. 

The special relationship with Purslow will give him extra time, I just hope he makes the most of that extra time

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

This is why i didnt want Bournemouth 1st as soon as 1st game ends they go to absolute shit.

Its a disgrace we lost to these lot and failed to score. Pathetic   want a response tomorrow

They didn't even play well.

We spent 43 minutes in the first half dominating the ball, and doing absolutely nothing but punting long balls and crosses for Ings to compete against 2 much bigger blokes.

Then we went in for half time, and Stevie Gee presumably said "yeeeeeeeaaahhhhh course. Love what I'm seeing lads, keep it up", because we came out and continued to do exactly the same bollocks for the second half. They either don't do what he says, or he's thick as shit. Or both.

Â