Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

14 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

AVFC employee SG with the full understanding he was a novice. They will have been fully aware he will need to go through a learning process. He was employed because of potential and what he has achieved to date in the knowledge he had no premier league experience. 
this is the same reason Chelsea paid 20m for Chuk. It is the potential.

whether that risk taking was the right decision or not is not the point. We have rolled the dice and we need the balls to see it through 

Well i am sorry that's bullshit, we didn't sack the last manager to be a training project for Purslow buddy

We expected an upgrade not a learner driver

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

If he had drawn half the games he lost, do you not think the situation would be a lot less hostile? 

No...because I still think some posters, won't be turned, even if he does, turn it around.

Thats not saying all.....some are reacting on results and performances and I have empathy with that.

Its like many things in life, its split opinions.

30 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It’s not correct. If u learn something u improve at it. It’s not a difficult concept to understand 

ur rong.

Am I right that you aren't necessarily supportive of this stay of execution, you just like explaining it?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Are you joking? People did criticise the performances stating how the issues from last year still seemed present. 

You seemed more bothered by the results and others said pre season was just for fitness. 

I have always been more bothered by results and I make no apology for that.....there is not a league table for performances.

We live and die by results......performances are important, but they are only the conduit to results.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

ur rong.

Am I right that you aren't necessarily supportive of this stay of execution, you just like explaining it?

I am not wrong. If u learn u improve. That should not be up for debate. However, if he is not learning he will not improve. But as I said the key word is learning as by definition that means improve the 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not wrong. If u learn u improve. That should not be up for debate. However, if he is not learning he will not improve. But as I said the key word is learning as by definition that means improve the 

Who said he is learning? What has he learned in nearly one year

Serious question?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

No...because I still think some posters, won't be turned, even if he does, turn it around.

Thats not saying all.....some are reacting on results and performances and I have empathy with that.

Its like many things in life, its split opinions.

Yes. People who dislike him and wanted him to fail no matter what, and have done from the outset, you have a point with, however that is their prerogative. They may have a very good reason for disliking him (in their eyes) and if they don't want someone they strongly dislike enjoying success at their football club, that's up to them.

However, as you say, there are people who gave him a chance, but now really dislike how he's managing us. Me for example, I did get behind and loved what he was saying in the early days. I'm now a bit fed up of his soundbites and really struggle to back him when I don't agree with how he sets the side up, and the bizarre decisions he makes. Not only is he not getting results, but he doesn't seem to believe in a brand of football that I enjoy.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yes. People who dislike him and wanted him to fail no matter what, and have done from the outset, you have a point with, however that is their prerogative. They may have a very good reason for disliking him (in their eyes) and if they don't want someone they strongly dislike enjoying success at their football club, that's up to them.

However, as you say, there are people who gave him a chance, but now really dislike how he's managing us. Me for example, I did get behind and loved what he was saying in the early days. I'm now a bit fed up of his soundbites and really struggle to back him when I don't agree with how he sets the side up, and the bizarre decisions he makes. Not only is he not getting results, but he doesn't seem to believe in a brand of football that I enjoy.

I guess you have a point, because, I didn't like MON's brand of football, so I reliquished my season ticket, and stopped going.

I liked the results away from home, but IMO the home form was pants....but that was my call.

There is 26,000 who want season tickets and haven't got one......give them a chance to get behind, what the manager is trying to do.

To just say, I didn't want him so I am going to be a protagonist.....is not cricket, its not fair on the supporters, who want to give the club a chance.

I am all for, folks opinions, but when its just destructive, for the sake of not accepting someone.....They need to do the honourbale thing and walk away, until he's gone.

Following a football team, requires support, its hard enough as it is without it......I see players, I don't like or agree with, but I have to temper my inner feelings for the greater good.......maybe some should consider that.

Support the current manager, is not much to ask imo

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who said he is learning? What has he learned in nearly one year

Serious question?

I didn’t say he was learning, I replied to a comment that said he was learning. I am just saying if he is learning he will improve. I don’t know if SG will work out but it is looking dodgy but I am prepared to give hiM a chance to learn

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Villa fans are a miserable bunch ;)

Thats a sweeping statement.

Villa Fans are like any other huge sect of people......they have a kaliedoscope of personalities and levels of intellect.

I think by and large they are a great bunch of supporters, with huge passion for the club.

but some, will only believe, when the trophy is in their hands......like some race goers, who only want to bet, when the nose is touching the line.

Its not an easy time.......and if anyone knew me, watching the games at home ( at the stadium, I never boo or show my displeasure, because it gets to the players, they feel the mood)....I am livid, with some of our play.

Right now, I believe the manager, needs the benefit of the doubt, That is not infinite, by the way........and while he is our manager,we need to support him.

My feelings are simple.....season ticket holder or not......IF I can't support him or the players, I will, willingly keep away, because I won't be any use to the cause.

I refuse to be a colossuem fan, just going to prove myself right and see blood.....I want the turn around, like everyone else.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly, if the football was enjoyable it'd be a lot easier to stomach. I honestly dislike watching Villa right now, which sounds horrible on the face of it, but not so much when you see the mind-numbing Lambert-esque football we play at a snail's pace. Leeds at home was the last time Villa had me at the edge of my seat for an entire match. That was about 6 months ago!

I long for the days when Grealish would “slow down our attack holding onto the ball”, lol

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That Tyrone Mings is unexpectedly popular at Villa Park?

I think a lot of media outside the club were also surprised. We complain about Tyrone but nobody else gets to. He is villa family and has proven how much he cares about this club. 

My hope is that Gerrard realized he handled the matter poorly. I am Gerrard in but he really did mess up the captaincy. No need to drag that out for months only to pick someone who (so far) seems a worse captain in every way,

We're simply not winning enough games.

3 wins in last 13 is very poor and is win ratio that would have us relegated over a full season considering we don't draw that many anymore.

Two of those wins are against teams no longer in prem and we've never really looked like beating a top 8 team under him bar that late comeback v Man. United.

The goalposts really seem to have shifted compared to a year ago for those posters who think he can just coast up to the world cup barely winning a game in the premier league. I think he's going to be under massive pressure by this time next week as we could easily lose the next two.

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I cannot believe it, the latest excuse for Gerrard is that he isn’t a real manager, but a trainee manager. The worst is that there are some fans that thinks that is a good thing.

Yeah this is a bit of exaggeration for effect here.

Every Manager would like to think they are " learning " all the time. Maybe the poster said it wrong, but I think he means learning = gaining experience.

As a matter of fact one of the things I liked about Deano was the fact that he always said he's always learning and wants to learn.

We all know he is a " rookie " Manager.

However the point some are making is valid I'll admit.

They are basically saying if we wanted to hire a " learning " Manager we might as well had kept Deano.

Undoubtedly a line like that would go down better if it was Dean, for obvious reasons.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â