Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Has a lot to learn from the bloke at the back of P5. Just press the most ruthless team in the league and the most unpressable goalkeeper in world football. If we take a short goal keep give it 2 passes before we shit the bed and "get rid of it!!!"

So far I'm impressed. I can see actual football and patterns or play this side of 2010 regards to restarts.

Whether this crowd will allow any defender to have the confidence to pass a ball 8 yards I don't know.

We've get some absolute dinosaurs in that crowd...and they are a hindrance to any modern footballing side.

I think Gerrard's character could bring a new dawn.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Despite the defeat I’ve come away feeling really positive. We look so much better in all departments than we did a few weeks ago - really pleased by what Gerrard and his team have brought to us. Intelligence, effort and intensity.

Unfortunately in the first half we caught Man City in one of those spells where they’re on another planet. Mind you, when you look at what their squad cost, they should be.

Optimistic for the remainder of the season. 

Spot on!

• Like 2

I brushed aside the "born winner" comments when he was first appointed as meaningless platitudes but it is really shining through in how he's got us playing. 

Been surprised how quickly we've adapted to what he wants and I absolutely love how he's got us relentlessly pressing and has talked about how he's upped the training intensity and the players are still adapting to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Can only agree with him.

He is right. At the end of the day Martinez had barely any difficult saves and they were putting on 100 million players and us putting on a kid and a 36 year old

Seems the type.of character, to actually be even more driven by a result like this, and aspire for.more, for us.

I've started wondering who we have a better chance again, re playing style? City, Liverpool, or Chelsea?

I reckon Liverpool's style of.play might actually suit us more.

If I'm honest, that was probably.the best performance I've seen from City all season. Typical!

Prior to tonight, I had Pool and Chelsea above them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems the type.of character, to actually be even more driven by a result like this, and aspire for.more, for us.

I've started wondering who we have a better chance again, re playing style? City, Liverpool, or Chelsea?

If I'm honest, that was probably.the best performance I've seen from City all season. Typical!

Was definitely a big test for us under the new management, I’m sure SG will have learnt far more about his players tonight than in the previous 2 games.

I agree with your Liverpool comment, I think we will have slightly more of the ball against them and if we can go into that game off the back of a win against Leicester on Sunday then we have every chance of getting something at Anfield.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would fancy us to get a result against Liverpool or Chelsea if really on it and got a bit of luck. I think City are better than both of them and you could see that by  how they played both of those teams off the park for majority of the game when played them. It just comes down to whether they take their chances in the game.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Was definitely a big test for us under the new management, I’m sure SG will have learnt far more about his players tonight than in the previous 2 games.

I agree with your Liverpool comment, I think we will have slightly more of the ball against them and if we can go into that game off the back of a win against Leicester on Sunday then we have every chance of getting something at Anfield.

I thought that too.

Credit to the team for continuing to play the ball out from the back despite it being very risky against Man City’s pressing. On the times we did break the press, we were able to get at them and if only Bailey had passed to Buendia…

Gerrard and his team have done some great work so far and this game - particularly second half - was impressive given how dominant Man City were at times.

Leicester are a good side and it’ll be a tough game on Sunday, but I have real belief that we can win that. 

Â