Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

9 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He will succeed Klopp.

You should know this by now.

I could see him maybe foing back a number 2 at plop and then maybe taking the job after that.

He will be a disaster at liverpool im 99.9% certain. He would do worse than lampard did at chelsea

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I could see him maybe foing back a number 2 at plop and then maybe taking the job after that.

He will be a disaster at liverpool im 99.9% certain. He would do worse than lampard did at chelsea

Dont think his ego will let him go back now he has had a thirst at being a number 1 after replacing Beale here

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont think his ego will let him go back now he has had a thirst at being a number 1 after replacing Beale here

Your probably but with liverpool i think he would consider it if he even git a inkling they would eventually give him the job

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your probably but with liverpool i think he would consider it if he even git a inkling they would eventually give him the job

It would take a brave manager to take him on as media be all over him as next manager. Was similar at times here with Terry that if Smith had a bad run he be linked with taking over

Would be more high profile if was Terry at Chelsea as assistant

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Solskjaer did a shit job at Cardiff and somehow ended up at United

When Klopps replacement fails they will shout for Gerrard. The new Souness

Not a chance. There's no way Liverpool are that stupid and I suspect even most Liverpool fans wouldn't want him. Don't forget as well that OGS at least had a couple of good spells at Molde to fall back on.

43 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not a chance. There's no way Liverpool are that stupid and I suspect even most Liverpool fans wouldn't want him. Don't forget as well that OGS at least had a couple of good spells at Molde to fall back on.

You would think that but if Klopps replacement does poor then the media will cry for him and Liverpool ex players are influential in the media

We can only hope 😉

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 12:38, PussEKatt said:

IMHO he will go back to Scotland,where he is a hero beating the shit out of Dumbarton,Dunfermiln,Ayr,etc etc etc.Really show his class.  

Remember the video of that Rangers fan punching the Gerrard cardboard cutout? 

On 03/11/2022 at 12:57, Chindie said:

He'll be on the pundit money train soon enough. Probably not for long because he's less insightful or articulate than any of them, and is a miserable personality vacuum, but it's easy money.

He's a humorless cliché machine. But still manages to be more interesting than Danny Murphy, Graeme Souness, et al.

I've been trying to avoid this thread since he left, but I had to post this quote from Dougie...

“Gerrard was a great coach at Aston Villa, but unfortunately the results weren’t showing,” Luiz told ESPN Brasil . “We know how dynamic football is. We have to look forward. If the result doesn’t appear, we have to make a move or change something. Our assistant took over and we managed to have a great game against Brentford. He made changes to the formation and the way of playing. I think that’s what Gerrard lacked a bit: to take a little risk.”

Translation: It wasn't working, but SG wouldn't change.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steven-gerrard-luiz-25442956

Edited by TomC
Fixed grammar error
  • Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 09:21, Villa_Vids said:

Disagree. I believe it will have a worse effect on morale and leave us in a worse place. I rather be sacking Gerrard from a position of strength (unbeaten, drawing games) rather than being "battered" by teams.

Well, well, well........

On 05/11/2022 at 16:23, TomC said:

I've been trying to avoid this thread since he left, but I had to post this quote from Dougie...

“Gerrard was a great coach at Aston Villa, but unfortunately the results weren’t showing,” Luiz told ESPN Brasil . “We know how dynamic football is. We have to look forward. If the result doesn’t appear, we have to make a move or change something. Our assistant took over and we managed to have a great game against Brentford. He made changes to the formation and the way of playing. I think that’s what Gerrard lacked a bit: to take a little risk.”

Translation: It wasn't working, but SG wouldn't change.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steven-gerrard-luiz-25442956

this must be the most polite way from Dougie to imply Stevie hasn't got a clue on tactics, amazing he fluked the league at scotland. On top of what JJ mentioned after the match re tactical training, it's getting really damning and embrassing. Surely I would say not even a championship team would allow him to mamage (unless owned by some dodgy owners who loves a star from the past)

• Like 1

Â