Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Could see him back at LA Galaxy as manager. They like their flashy shiny things, and he's well liked there. Less of a cauldron and more room for error. He'll be fine. But he's licking his wounds tonight, for sure.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

A bit unfair on Mark Hughes, was a very good manager in the 00's, made Wales competitive after they were a shambles when he took, built an excellent team at Blackburn on a small budget and then brought in great signings like Kompany and Zabaleta at Man City when they were only merely money laundering the money Shinawatra stole from the Thai people. Failed to evolve in the last decade but is humble enough to be managing in League 2 now, could never see Gerrard do that.

Mark Hughes was a shit manager, I coincided he had an eye for a good signing, but still an awful manger. Overall, much like Steven Gerrard 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Mark Hughes was a shit manager, I coincided he had an eye for a good signing, but still an awful manger. Overall, much like Steven Gerrard 

He did well at Wales, Blackburn and Fulham

Bruce is an absolute shit manager for example. Hughes was a lot better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

who said that? Except you

Hughes will be a better Premier League manager than Gerrard ever was. 

Well the argument that you guys are making that mark Hughes is a good manager. But not good enough to manage villa.. my stand point is both mark and Steve are rubbish. Yet, steve will coast by on his playing rep, much like mark did 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Well the argument that you guys are making that mark Hughes is a good manager. But not good enough to manage villa.. my stand point is both mark and Steve are rubbish. Yet, steve will coast by on his playing rep, much like mark did 

maybe but Hughes got Blackburn and Fulham into Europe so he wasnt that incompetent

Comparisons to Bruce and Hughes are pointless. As much as I don't rate them (especially Bruce), they still are managers, albeit way past their best. Gerrard just simply isn't a manager. In my head I refuse to even accord him that basic level of respect.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Could see him back at LA Galaxy as manager. They like their flashy shiny things, and he's well liked there. Less of a cauldron and more room for error. He'll be fine. But he's licking his wounds tonight, for sure.

Gerrard vs Phil Neville would be an epic tactical battle.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

No he wasn’t he’s had a decent premier league managerial career.

Anyone else notice the goal celebrations from both Bailey and Ings had them pointing to their heads? Might that be a comment on Gerrard? Something about him questioning the players mentality?

Bailey's post match comments about, energy, feeling alive, doing great things in the future too. 72 hours after Gerrard got the boot that's quite telling.

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Anyone else notice the goal celebrations from both Bailey and Ings had them pointing to their heads? Might that be a comment on Gerrard? Something about him questioning the players mentality?

Bailey's post match comments about, energy, feeling alive, doing great things in the future too. 72 hours after Gerrard got the boot that's quite telling.

Wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard was berating the players behind closed doors for not having enough PASHUN because his shitty system wasn't working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Yes I did and also thought the same. I would say Gerrard over twelve months slowly eroded away any self confidence these players had. Total energy zapper.

Really stark seeing the change in attitude yesterday.

I think now that Gerrard was totally out of his depth. He has total self belief and confidence but it’s ultimately flawed. You can get away with it the Scottish League but not the Premier League because it’s unforgiving. His “in game” ability to identify an issue and change it was severely telling over time. He just couldn’t see things or know how to change stuff. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard was berating the players behind closed doors for not having enough PASHUN because his shitty system wasn't working.

Why can't they all just run around and be really good, like me, Steven Gerrard. It's easy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Idiots at TalkSh*te batting for Stevie. Not even going to listen nor indulge their clickbait. 

What do you mean, i clicked on Youtube page and football icons Darren Ambrose thinks we are a disgrace, Jamie O'Hara disappointed and Akinfenwa thinks Gerrard will still be Liverpool manager

Comedy Gold 😂

Â