Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Its not a " Fact " though, is it?

Deano was equally as non pro active and also played McGinn nonstop.

It's true by pretty much any metric you could go by. More points at this stage last season. His "2021" that got him sacked was better than Gerrard's 2022. In the 30 games we played in 2022, we picked up 32 points. In Smith's last 30 games we got 36 points. More goals, more wins, more chances created...all with a worse squad. Even compared to Smith's lowest point in his tenure which ultimately led to his dismissal, Gerrard still doesn't stack up.

• Like 1

I think it's funny that he constantly says that he fronts up and wont hide from the responsibility, still he over and over again throws the players under the bus (not s much today though), blames injuries or bad luck or whatever, and doesn't thank the fans after the games but just goes down the tunnel. He does exactly the opposite of what he says.

One positive note today was that he defended Mings, perhaps he is learning something at least. 

41 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

image.png.0d5e9c3379415eca1a186b62143fd4f9.png

I just want to enjoy watching Villa again. Gerrard hasnt worked, its done. The experiment is over.

Golden Gordon, great episode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Missed the game, but were we really expecting to beat Chelsea - we’re fighting against relegation.

Is the point most are making against him. 

• Like 2

I still the club thinks that Gerrard is turning tings around. The 4 unbeaten run, the good performance first half.

In other words we haven’t spoken with anybody.

This will limp on until we are so deep into the relegation fight that any decent manager wouldn’t come here.

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I still the club thinks that Gerrard is turning tings around. The 4 unbeaten run, the good performance first half.

In other words we haven’t spoken with anybody.

This will limp on until we are so deep into the relegation fight that any decent manager wouldn’t come here.

That’s a pretty depressing scenario, probably correct too.

It's getting a bit like the end of a match where the ref lets a team take a throw-in deep in their own half before blowing for full time.

I honestly don't know what the board are expecting to happen that would change anything.

If CP hasn’t got the guts to take action or has too much of a “vested interest” then the owners need to act… what the hell has been going on? Why is any of this acceptable?

There is no improvement, no progress, no competitiveness, no ambition… all that was good and positive about us has been destroyed, dismantled and dissipated… it was an incredibly poor appointment and it’s shocking how long we have put up with him and the crap that he has produced…

we are more like a laughing stock than anything and being superseded or surpassed by inferior clubs with inferior resources… it’s a crazy and messed up situation… it’s simply unacceptable… alarming.

• Like 2

Â