Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Whats the record been since Jack left?

Not sure some of the players we thought were good , are as good as we think.

Keane was right, McGinn, Ramsey, Watkins and Coutinhio were not brave enough on the ball. Ramsey has to shoot, Archer and McGinn have to do better in them positions, choice of final ball is poor, and quality in the final 1/3rd is very poor. 

Regardless of who the manager is, those issues do not go away.

Did Ings touch the ball?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate admitting Zatman was right about Gerrard but I’m afraid to say…….

@Zatmanwas right about Gerrard. 

Yeah but it's almost always inevitable. Next manager will be sacked at some point so I could just say right now that whoever it is it will not work out and I'd be right in the long term.

That being said Gerrard has been a disaster and any optimism some of us initially had has been for nought.

Maybe Zatman saw this, but maybe it was also just bias against the man ;)

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

It always feels that the media is either completely out of touch with the feelings of Villa fans, or they claim that we're all wrong and are overreacting.

We've seen a gradual decline over the past 11 months that's completely contrary to the board's supposed "continuous improvement" ethos. I don't think I've seen a single game,  from the tail end of last season to now, that's given me any hope that things will change. Every single week it's exactly the same. Shit team selections, shit tactics, shit performances, shit responses. We might snatch the odd win against the worst sides in the leagues through an individual moment of brilliance or a defensive brain fart, but other than that we're going to struggle against every team that we face this season until we finally sack off this arrogant clown.

We will be the new Newcastle this season when they had Bruce. Fans are clueless as a proper football man in charge and what would they know

Another reason hiring this idiot was a problem, the inevitable backlash when he failed

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At least we’re pretty much all united with our acceptance Gerrard is way out of his depth. 

Let’s all hug 🤣 

Yeah Gerrard is way out of his depth. I believe we all agree on this now lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Villa would have gone 9th if a winner was scored. 

Indeed. It’s all very tight at the moment and I don’t believe we will go down.  There’s just no identity or pattern of play. It’s pretty much decent individuals sent out there asked to go win.  I mean I’m sure that’s not the case but that’s how it looks. 

Theres no way a top manager wouldn’t get more out this squad.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

It always feels that the media is either completely out of touch with the feelings of Villa fans, or they claim that we're all wrong and are overreacting.

We've seen a gradual decline over the past 11 months that's completely contrary to the board's supposed "continuous improvement" ethos. I don't think I've seen a single game,  from the tail end of last season to now, that's given me any hope that things will change. Every single week it's exactly the same. Shit team selections, shit tactics, shit performances, shit responses. We might snatch the odd win against the worst sides in the leagues through an individual moment of brilliance or a defensive brain fart, but other than that we're going to struggle against every team that we face this season until we finally sack off this arrogant clown.

literally-all-of-it-saturday-night-live.

Sad when the most interesting part of the season is speculation about when the manager will be sacked. Gerrard has been every bit the catastrophe that McLeish was, and Bruce. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The point was Villa are very close to being in a much more respectable position in the league.

But so is everyone. Leicester are bottom but they are only six points off the top half. That’s just because there have only been 9 games so far. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even subscribing to the notion that apparently the players are the problem...

Gerrard has had 2 transfer windows and a pre-season to bring in better players, and coach the ones we have.

He bombed out very capable players who have proven themselves (Bertie, 7G 7A in a season, a dream for most of the current squad)

Even taking into account the above, is the poor squad we have worse than Bournemouth? Leeds? Palace? Fulham? Brighton?

Gerrard is an absolute failure of a coach. No player has improved under him, and proven players look atrocious. How did he pass his badges if his entire philosophy is putting 11 players on the pitch and hoping one of them score a goal? 

I felt the players were the problem under deano too, they gave up, we were bottom of the league for distance covered and things like that, we had players like Luiz kicking simple 10 yard passes to a team mate right in front of him out for throw ins (Ollie did it last night...) there were discussions on here as to whether or not smiths remit in training should include passing drills with international footballers

It wasn't allowed to be an excuse then and so it shouldn't be an excuse now, if he's lost the players then he will lose his job, that's football

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

But so is everyone. Leicester are bottom but they are only six points off the top half. That’s just because there have only been 9 games so far. 

Not quite the same, Villa were a single goal away from 9th.

As I said before though, I don’t trust this squad of players and coaches to hold a top half position for very long.

3 hours ago, Didiersix said:

Question is: can we afford to sack him? I wonder how much it will cost. But as others have said, the whole backroom staff looks very 'patchwork', Struggling to see the value added by McPhee, Danks and others.

Other than Cutler, we need a complete and utter clearout!

Gerrard, Danks and McPhee - the terrible trio. Utterly useless gits, get them TF out!

Hand it to Critchley while we try and get a proper manager in then send him on his way too.

What a circus, what a state we are in. Miserable and pathetic.

• Like 2

Â