Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, theboyangel said:

But why? Nothing will change. The performances aren't improving and show no signs of doing so. 

He is a dead duck and we need to jettison him and his team sooner rather than later

yep, give someone a free hit vs chelsea and then have whoever we want in by fulham and brentford

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

yep, give someone a free hit vs chelsea and then have whoever we want in by fulham and brentford

That’s what happens v city and he got a point.  Forget the free hits, sack him now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Better use of £20m than letting him buy Sarr when he doesn't even play with wingers...

Yer know, that Sarr purchase is looking increasingly like the model mentioned earlier, solid defence then let the creative players do the rest. I wonder if slippy was actually the one to pull the plug on that.

Just now, Jareth said:

Yer know, that Sarr purchase is looking increasingly like the model mentioned earlier, solid defence then let the creative players do the rest. I wonder if slippy was actually the one to pull the plug on that.

Probably!

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The whole Sarr fiasco wasn’t the way we had done business at all up to that point. Was it Lange sending out an SOS message as he helplessly watched our recruitment policy being torn up by Slippy and Larry? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I meant give someone like gmac or a new guy a free hit!

Gerrards got to go today

He won't even be gone after the Fulham game. Purslow is all in on Gerrard and we will pay the price 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The whole Sarr fiasco wasn’t the way we had done business at all up to that point. Was it Lange sending out an SOS message as he helplessly watched our recruitment policy being torn up by Slippy and Larry? 

Yeah it stood out didn't it. The whole nature of it, how it was certain and reported, then how it was pulled, had the feel of a power struggle or absolute indecision. Glad it didn't happen, would have been an expensive passenger under slippy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Didiersix said:

Question is: can we afford to sack him? I wonder how much it will cost. But as others have said, the whole backroom staff looks very 'patchwork', Struggling to see the value added by McPhee, Danks and others.

It wouldn't cost as much as relegation 

I was at the game last night. Fans openly turned on Gerrard now, chants of we want Gerrard out etc. Short of beating Chelsea and Fulham he won't come back from this. It's a matter of time, pull the trigger now.

Incidentally, the away fans never turned on Dean Smith.

6 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

It wouldn't cost as much as relegation 

Yep - which is where we are heading with him. I still think until it becomes more distinctly clear that we are in trouble, they will want to avoid the cost of changing manager. But then will it be too late to stop the slide? That is where the owners need to have good judgement. Certainly Edens has proved himself ruthless in the past with the Bucks - I hope a similar approach is taken at Villa Park.

If Purslow doesn't' sack him then he needs to go as well. Gerard has had enough time to turn it around, he now just looks a bit desperate and clearly isn't coaching the attackers. He has made us look more solid at the back, yes, he's been dealt a crap hand with both his summer signings out for an extended period of time but the way we build up play and attack is atrocious, give him until the Chelsea game then the boot.  

Â