Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

16 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The sooner he goes the better. We still have chance to be where we’ve been when Smith went. Which was 11 points out of 11 or so. So by getting Gerrard out we’d need 7-8 points from the next 5 (not counting City). We still have a chance to save the season but it’s toxic right now. Gerrard has to leave.

Yes, we must have a new manager by next week latest, to have some hope to get something from the Leicester and Southampton games. With Gerrard in charge they are almost a write of as the ManC game. I fear the board would like to wait until the international break or even worse the WC break. It worked fine when we sacked Smith last year, but 3 points after 8 games, is so much worse then 6-9 points after 8.

What alarms me with SG is that he doesn't own what's happening and take a step of leadership and the responsibility for it, and I'm not even talking publicly, or to the playing staff. I'm talking about to his own self. It's like he hasn't even considered the possibility this is on him.

Seems to me that his energy was spent becoming the great midfielder that he was for Liverpool, and while so much of the principles that got him to that level of success are ingrained in who he is to this day, the desire to work on his current game, managing and coaching, more specifically, managing and coaching us to where we need to be, is in stark contrast to his playing career. I could be dead wrong, but I'm saying it, I think this is more of a post career pastime than a career he's willing to invest in enough to be great at. As is, at least. Hope I'm misguided in that.

Edited by A'Villan

Think today will tell a lot on the plan for SG.

If we sign a decent CB & CM and possibly an FW he will get the 2 games after city. If the day ends with no activity bar a backup CB then I think the writing is on the wall sooner than later . I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks after the city game rather than being backed. The big summer they talked about has not happened and there must be a reason for that or else a lack of belief in the players he wanted  ( aging on very high wages etc.)

Edited by tubs105

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Hes probably going to leave as being the worst manager in our history. .

Erik black says hi 

di Matteo was rubbish as well

gerrard is bad, but not worst in history. 

• Like 1

Weren't we 9th on the form table last season after Gerrard took over? 

I think without Beale there is no Gerrard project so we may as well get right now. 

Guy been carrying Gerrard since day 1.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Weren't we 9th on the form table last season after Gerrard took over? 

I think without Beale there is no Gerrard project so we may as well get right now. 

Guy been carrying Gerrard since day 1.

Yes it seems that way.  Since beale left we have looked even more hopless than before.

I think the whole coaching setup danks mcphee etc all need to go with gerrrad as all have been shockingly bad. Critchley for me has been shit too.

I dont have hate towards gerrard he came with good intentions just failed. He is out of his depth. Probably should have taken a lower level job like in the championship before moving to PL

He will never ever manage liverpool thats for sure

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He will never ever manage liverpool thats for sure

I know , how depressing. We have wrecked him, he looked about 60 years old sitting on that bench stuck next to MacAlister, who looked completely disinterested in what Gerrard was saying to him or what was unfolding in front of him. 

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Loses against city and he’s statistically the worst ever. Not opinion a fact. 

Not  a fact at all it’s fake news - ever heard of remi garde? 
as for gerrard I’d give him to saints game 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not  a fact at all it’s fake news - ever heard of remi garde? 
as for gerrard I’d give him to saints game 

Do you think we can afford to waste two games after City to see if his "system" clicks? how many points behind our relegation rivals will we be by then? How much extra pressure will it put on any new manager to get results quickly? Can we afford to do that? How many of these players would stick around in the Championship?

• Like 1

Â