Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Gerrard is inexperienced we all knew this. This is his first real challenge as a manager and a crucial time for all of us.turn on him now and it could not only destroy him but turn a potentially good season into another relegation battle. Given time he’ll get it sorted. 

If we're all good boys and girls Father Xmas will shower us in presents too 😅

36 minutes ago, Ghost said:

This might've been spoken about earlier, but I think Gerard's comments after West Ham were telling.

He spoke about "not having imagination or creative spark" to unpick West Ham in the final third. Surely it's on him and his team to come up with an avenue to open up West Ham. It shouldn't be down to the "imagination" of the players to figure it out.

It also doesn't help to complain about not having a "creative spark" when you've got Buendia and Bailey sitting on the bench.

The man isn't a coach or a tactician.

Yep i said this the other day, it baffles me that he moaned about lacking that creative spark when the 2 most creative players we have were on the bench for most the game.

I think Gerrard would struggle to manage a P up in a brewery.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Gerrard is inexperienced we all knew this. This is his first real challenge as a manager and a crucial time for all of us.turn on him now and it could not only destroy him but turn a potentially good season into another relegation battle. Given time he’ll get it sorted. 

You have inexperience and then you have total clueless, Gerard belongs in the total clueless category. I’m sure it doesn’t look too bad, if you only watch highlights from the matches, only when watch the entire match you get to see how wrong everything are. Just look at the match against West Ham, before and after he took of Luiz. We were in full control with Luiz on the pitch, fair enough we weren’t creating anything up front, but West Ham was not allowed anywhere near our goal. Whiteout Luiz West Ham dominated the midfield and was allowed to score. And this is not the first time Gerrard have made gigantic mistakes like this. Not making substitutes in added time when we need a goal, it is so basic, you make the substitution in the regular 90 minutes, to get extra added time, instead of making substitutes in added time that will reduce the time you have to equalise. Also if you think a player would make a difference why only give them a minute or two. He have some experienced people around him, are they telling him what he is doing is wrong, does he just ignore any advice he gets. 

Gerrard is a lost cause, he will never be a good enough to manage in the Premier League. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s shown absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever to suggest he’ll get it sorted. If there had been some glimmer of light, or if we were playing even remotely well and losing still, I’d perhaps be willing to give him time, but we aren’t. We’re an absolute mess from the moment the team is picked to moment the final whistle is blown. The formation, tactics and substitutions are all wrong and we’re playing some of the worst football I’ve seen since we were promoted. We’re a dreadful side and his record is utterly abysmal. He has to go. The only reason he is still here is because his name is Steven Gerrard. He’s clueless as a manager.

However, that is not entirely true is it? By the way I'm not having a go at you...

Case in point the first-half against West Ham (according to the radio) was mostly dominated by Villa, possession, chances, goal disallowed and Coutinho looked quite good. 

I only watched the second-half which was a s*** show to be fair.

I'm wavering and influenced by much of what I hear on VT, everyone seems to be shouting Gerrard OUT and they were before he even got the job, just seems like he was doomed to fail before he started.

But a part of my thinks well if we look at the first-half there were grounds for optimism and we were looked like worthy winners. But then the half-time team talk, Luiz subbed which changed the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Case in point the first-half against West Ham (according to the radio) was mostly dominated by Villa, possession, chances, goal disallowed and Coutinho looked quite good. 

We were the better side but it was a frustrating watch as bar the set piece, our attacking play wasn’t great. There was a lot of crosses in by the full backs that were repeatedly and easily cleared. The most encouraging thing was the midfield looked a lot better with Luiz and Kamara playing together which is what was maddening when Luiz was taken off.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We did have a lot of the ball, disallowed goal was a set piece, and rightly disallowed. 

In open play we could still be playing now without seriously threatening West Ham's goal. We can do possession, but in reality we're just moving the ball around where the opposition are happy for us to have it before it eventually goes to Cash or Digne and then it gets headed out as Watkins/Ings challenge Zouma in the air. 

This is on Gerrard, the coaching and management is clearly piss poor, along with the tactics (which sit in another thread), he's easily countered by every coach in this league, cannot think of many he has out thought in his time here. We're predictable, then his post match is predictable. Everything is too easy for whoever we go up against, think Howe said we know exactly what they're gonna do. The only time it works is when we face a much weaker team that we can flat track bully. 

He's devoid of ideas, is abrassive and clearly isn't demanding the respect of the dressing room or public anymore, the guy is making Villa a figure of fun. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ender In The Sky said:

We’ve got him for another 3 years. Letting him learn this season will benefit us long term. His personal development is arguably more important than the teams results. One step backwards. 2 steps forward. 

Is this a joke? Letting him learn this season would take us into the Championship.

His ‘personal development’ is more important than the results of Aston Villa Football Club? What planet are you on? 🤣 We owe him nothing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

We’ve got him for another 3 years. Letting him learn this season will benefit us long term. His personal development is arguably more important than the teams results. One step backwards. 2 steps forward. 

Hi Jamie

Why is Gerrards personal development more important than the clubs results?

This I have to hear

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

Liverpool fan?

4 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

We’re stood on a cliff edge facing safety. One step backwards is complete disaster.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

No, that won't happen.

Anyway, he can personally develop somewhere else, instead of having us suffer the consequences.

1 minute ago, Ender In The Sky said:

This isn't a training scheme! He had 4 years to learn how to employ tactics correctly and still hasn't grasped it. I don't think 3 more years will make any difference. You either have an aptitude for it or you don't. Gerrard clearly doesn't. 

• Like 1

Â