Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

If it gets Gerrard the sack I'll take it. I'm looking at the bigger picture. We aren't good enough to win the League Cup and the Premier League has to be our priority.

It’s the Whelan penalty, isn’t it. The players must know.

I’m caught in two minds because Gerrard hasn’t actually been a dick to the club or the fans. I don’t think he’s stealing a living… am convinced he is trying his best, and desperately wants to succeed.

But like Gerrard the player, he seems to work hard rather than work smart. It made more sense when everyone believed Beale was this coaching prodigy and Gerrard was just the front man. Now that idea is dead, you wonder what it’s all about.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He won't survive past the Man City game.  West Ham will turn around their form against us next weekend, Arteta's Arsenal will tear us to shreds the following, and if that isn't the final nail in the coffin for Gerrard, Pep arrives to finish the job.  If we don't soundly beat Bolton at midweek and West Ham rip us apart on Sunday, we might see the back of Gerrard before that.  

We need some points against West Ham. Desperately.

It'll be two real hidings from Arsenal and City. We need something more on the board.

I fear for us I really do. We look attrocious whilst Forest, Fulham, Brentford, Leeds, Brighton, Palace & even Southampton, Wolves & co, all teams we would have been aiming to finish above, all look better than us. You just know West Ham will turn the corner at some point even though bottom at present.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Zatman should choose. 

Pacbuddies, Messi11 and Foreveryoung should concur.

To be fair Zatman was always positive under Dean whereas the others moaned about him as well as Gerrard so I wouldn't lump him in the same group.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We need some points against West Ham. Desperately.

It'll be two real hidings from Arsenal and City. We need something more on the board.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I don’t want us to paper over the cracks any more. After the Everton win you were being negative if you were critical because we’d just got three points. I don’t want it to continue any longer 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

If it gets Gerrard the sack I'll take it. I'm looking at the bigger picture. We aren't good enough to win the League Cup and the Premier League has to be our priority.

I disagree mate 

firstly we the fans  pay top money to watch villa home and away . 

There is Always hope we can win a few games and go on a good cup run

I have seen some shit managers at VP , in the past we booed at the end of the game but supported the team until that point. Today the pent up anger created by social media spills out in the match day atmosphere and can create a toxic environment. . Maybe I’m to old in the tooth but I just think we need to STILL stay behind the team during the game .

The board will hopefully take care of the running of the club based on results . I never want villa to loose . 😩

33 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I don’t want us to paper over the cracks any more. After the Everton win you were being negative if you were critical because we’d just got three points. I don’t want it to continue any longer 

Best not to listen to people who don't have a clue.

If they don't want to critique, more fool them.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling he will be sacked if he doesnt win any of the next three.  That would be 3 wins in 17 and that for me is sackable offence

Issue we have is we are 13th and 5 of the teams currently below us will almost certainly finish above us this season. So a few more poor results and it’s a relegation scrap all season.

Just now, mrchnry said:

Watching Leeds and Newcastle today has really depressed me. I want him gone and I want a competent, experienced manager to come in. 

My feelings exactly. 

It's so frustrating that we've **** away all that good will and positivity built during Smiths time here to then do nothing. 

Other teams building and improving and we've got worse. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Issue we have is we are 13th and 5 of the teams currently below us will almost certainly finish above us this season. So a few more poor results and it’s a relegation scrap 

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s what we do best…

In desperate need of a win?

Here we are…

spacer.png

That bode well for an electric atmosphere for the players to get behind 😩

Don’t think we’re going to be in a relegation even if SG stays . 

Yep, watching those teams thinking when did we last have that...oh a manager that gave it us only 12 months ago.

Purslow really should be sacked for those decisions. Replacing Smith with Gerrard, and allowing Gerrard to then spend a fortune when he isn't a serious manager.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, watching those teams thinking when did we last have that...oh a manager that gave it us only 12 months ago.

Purslow really should be sacked for those decisions. Replacing Smith with Gerrard, and allowing Gerrard to then spend a fortune when he isn't a serious manager.

Absolutely - beat Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal. To replace Deano - a proper coach - for this fraud has made me so so angry. All the promise pissed up the wall. 

• Like 2

Â