Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

11 hours ago, jim said:

Stevie G be trolling the haters right now 😂

0EB73E15-5467-4B1F-B514-F162CF2D27B4.gif.a9e69df741c193c3353a994b60197e58.gif

By making yet another decision that leaves the mind baffling. He won't last this season IMV, I hope to be proved wrong. Very wrong. I want the humble pie, but so much of what he does gives me, 'this guy ain't it' vibes.

Bruce had an illustrious playing career, Big Eck won the SPL... These aren't points of comfort. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dale said:

By making yet another decision that leaves the mind baffling. He won't last this season IMV, I hope to be proved wrong. Very wrong. I want the humble pie, but so much of what he does gives me, 'this guy ain't it' vibes.

Bruce had an illustrious playing career, Big Eck won the SPL... These aren't points of comfort. 

There are lots of good managers who had great playing careers, and there are lots of good managers who didn't have much of a playing career.

There are lots of bad managers who had great playing careers, and there are lots of bad managers who didn't have much of a playing career.

You can choose somebody from any of those groups to back up your point, but it's all meaningless really because there isn't much of a tangible link.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Stevie G trolling the haters by *checks notes* making a major decision that affects Aston Villa 🤔

Have day off! Making McGinn captain isn’t going to have a major affect on what happens next season. 

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Have day off! Making McGinn captain isn’t going to have a major affect on what happens next season. 

It may result in Ty focusing on defending and making fewer mistakes, that would be an improvement for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

It may result in Ty focusing on defending and making fewer mistakes, that would be an improvement for us. 

Well yes, exactly what Gerrard said he can now concentrate on his game.

• Like 1

None of us know what McGinn is like in the dressing room, he has obviously impressed the staff and out on the pitch there is no denying he give’s everything.

Nobody batted an eye lid when Jack the lad got the captaincy, someone who spent his down time lying on pavements and driving around pissed.

Just something else for the mob to get their knickers in a twist over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jim said:

It's obviously an indication on team selection going forward. Unless you think the team captain is going to be riding the bench. For better or worse, it's a big decision, certainly not one made flippantly. He seems a thoughtful man who considers his words and actions. Whether or not they're correct is another discussion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tinker said:

I like that fact he's saw an issue and dealt with it despite it being a hard decision to make and one he could have skirted around. 

Took him 4 months to make a decision yet the last pre season games Mings and Emi had the armband and not McGinn

Having watched a few of his interviews I get the impression he likes the shithousery. With him saying the majority of our business was done weeks ago for now, I’d like to think he’s hinting at a few more incomings being in the offing. 

Also liked that he said it doesn’t guarantee anyone a start regarding the captaincy/vice captaincy. 

6 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

McGinn is Captain

Martinez and Carlos are like vice-captains. Young is club captain.

No one is guaranteed a place because of these titles.

Mcginn was undroppable before this announcement doubt he misses out now.

Like.it or hate it Gerrard has his favourites and for me that alone will not win you games of football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Having watched a few of his interviews I get the impression he likes the shithousery. With him saying the majority of our business was done weeks ago for now, I’d like to think he’s hinting at a few more incomings being in the offing. 

Also liked that he said it doesn’t guarantee anyone a start regarding the captaincy/vice captaincy. 

Well based on last season certain players seemed guaranteed a start.

Let's hope that's not the case this season. 

I don't think it will be. More of a problem will be finding his best 11.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well based on last season certain players seemed guaranteed a start.

Let's hope that's not the case this season. 

I don't think it will be. More of a problem will be finding his best 11.

This 100% 

Gerrard Is not for turning 

Â