Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He would have to crack top4 and plop drop out of it I'd think to even be in the mix, it always felt like it would be us then another step up before he would be considered for a top job like that. Hope he settles a few nerves and starts delivering for us, progress progress, if he does the business I'll buy zatman a Gerrard shirt 

To be fair mate, eliminating Gerrard from the equation even.

It would be absolute madness for them to even consider not keeping Klopp. One of the absolute best in World Football without question.

Has done an even better job than Pep, with where he's taken them from. Without consistent stupendous money as well. 

Klopp only goes when he wants IMO, and that will either be into retirement, or to another elite club, or International.

The only way SG even enters that conversation is by over achieving with us, or another club IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Isn't the issue rather that Klopp has been rumored to be moving on? PSG, Barca and the German national side have been mentioned.

Sure Liverpool have not been eyeing to replace him. Gerrard would only be for sentimental reasons, not sure they would be willing to gamble on him regardless.

• Like 2

I don’t know why people are so obsessed with him going to Liverpool. I can’t see them wanting a manager so raw and in any event of Liverpool came after any successful manager of ours it doesn’t matter who they are, they’d leave. Even Smith would leave us for Liverpool I’m sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It would be absolute madness for them to even consider not keeping Klopp. One of the absolute best in World Football without question.

Has done an even better job than Pep, with where he's taken them from. Without consistent stupendous money as well. 

Klopp only goes when he wants IMO, and that will either be into retirement, or to another elite club, or International.

The only way SG even enters that conversation is by over achieving with us, or another club IMO.

Klopp is quality, I hope, as does Steven Gerrard I'm sure (boom, on topic like a pro) he does the quadruple to be honest, I do not like them but they are a traditional old money big club that haven't just bought their way to the top, not so much anyway. Agree about SG, I was hinting in my post that he's miles off a job like Liverpool but I'm not bothered if he did leave us for them, Jack going killed any allegiance I have to anyone anymore, If he goes it's because he's put Villa in the big boy conversation.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t know why people are so obsessed with him going to Liverpool. I can’t see them wanting a manager so raw and in any event of Liverpool came after any successful manager of ours it doesn’t matter who they are, they’d leave. Even Smith would leave us for Liverpool I’m sure

100%, crikey, he left us for Norwich.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Klopp is quality, I hope, as does Steven Gerrard I'm sure (boom, on topic like a pro) he does the quadruple to be honest, I do not like them but they are a traditional old money big club that haven't just bought their way to the top, not so much anyway. Agree about SG, I was hinting in my post that he's miles off a job like Liverpool but I'm not bothered if he did leave us for them, Jack going killed any allegiance I have to anyone anymore, If he goes it's because he's put Villa in the big boy conversation.

Extra bonus if Klopp does the quadruple is that Jack wins bugger all except best bench warmer.  I’m not bitter, honest guv!

Anyway, I always thought it was far fetched that SG would be offered the Liverpool job even if he was highly successful with us.  Liverpool would have the pick of the elite managers and a stint at Rangers and Villa isn’t enough for them to pluck him and take the risk just yet.

• Like 3

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m hoping he doesn’t leave with the 3 points on Saturday either…

No chance, They are already gone so he might as well do Steven Gerrard (on topic) a favour and put Pukki in goal.  Hope Gerrard gets as much love as Deano does on the day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope Gerrard gets as much love as Deano does on the day

I think it’ll be fine, they’ll both get love on Saturday.  Buendia on the other hand may get some grief from the Narrwich fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the OP's "very recently" mean't post 2008, when football was invented, Steven Gerrard likes Coldplay. On topic like a ninja.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Steven Gerrard is here for the project.....of that I am certain.

We just need to get the recruitment right, this summer.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

That will quieten down the press speculation of SG just being in the waiting room for the job at Anfield, for a couple of years at least. He's ours for as long as our owners want him now and he and everyone else can now 100% concentrate on the job that he currently holds. If he's still in it when Klopp eventually does leave a vacancy, then he will have lasted longer in post than most of our managers do and that will suggest that he has done rather well for us, so it will be a case of:

Mission complete Memes

• Like 1

Â