Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

A deflected goal doesn't paper over another terrible half of football. I really don't see what he's trying to achieve. Different formation every 5 minutes, selecting Bailey who is clearly not up to the task and freezing Buendia out. Not to mention always picking McGinn, who has been shit for a few months now. 

I just can't get behind someone I don't trust or see ability in, to make this team play decent football and get up the League. And I'm actually very worried at what he will do with a transfer summer window, probably have a load of his 'mates' picking up one last decent payday, with no thought to what this side actually needs. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

He just cant get the team going can he! I mean we have a team full of talent but its just flat in the first half, Losing patience. 
I'd give him the summer and the first 10 games of next season then re-access 

Pretty poor. I just don't understand what the game plan is, he's had a long time now to train this squad and we should be bringing something better than that to Norwich at home.

Oh well. A win's a win, hopefully we can finish the season well and recruit smartly in the summer. 

We should be pushing the top 8 next season at a minimum. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You know my tongue is firmly in my cheek young man, stop larfing.

He's the new Klopp. Klopp is 'heavy metal football'. Gerrard is 'Country Music' football, absolutely boring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

What was our previous managers style of play whose players Gerrard has inherited ? 

Attacking football. We played some good football under Smith at most times. Remember the 7-2 against Liverpoool?  
Gerrard has inherited a very good squad that he's now underachieving with massively

Do we really have much weaker squads than the Europa league semi finalists in Frankfurt, West Ham and Rangers?  

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

“Doesn’t play youth” gives Tim his full debut, “we have no identity under this man” plays the same formation or a slight variation of it each week, my 8 year old told be the other day “haters will always be haters”

Just because you play the same formation doesn’t mean you have an identity 

• Like 1

Him and his entire coaching team are utterly out their depth. If they ain't got the best team most weeks they're  utterly bereft. Turgid football. Lacking intensity , cohesion, balance. Any kind of rhythm. It's slow. It's dull. It's predicable.

I just want him to show some balls once and drop one of the several players that are performing awful. But he won't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

His best day as villa boss for me.

Started one of our young starlets - started with a wide player (who almost scored) 

His subs Ings and budenia both had a big impact on the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â