Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Like I say he's either stubborn , arrogant or an absolute imbecile.

Or in short, a Liverpool fan.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

"It's not his team, he needs a full year" wears a bit thin when this is how he uses the squad he has.

Better get a result today, if it's another horror show from Konsa and McGinn...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

4 losses on the bounce and near enough the same team in each game, sick of hearing his press conferences and then sticks the same 11 out 

Absolutely. We have players to mix things up. Buendia, Carney, Chambers. Watkins starts every game when he can’t even control the bloody ball. Same tactics and formation. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think we should go our separate ways in the summer.

Do not give him a full season. It well get ugly fast.

He's so far out of his depth it's untrue. Time to go back to a pub league where he can have the bestest players and the bestest budget.

I can't believe how bad he is and how utterly bereft of any attacking play for about 50% of his games. If I'm being kind.

Horrendous. Utterly horrendous.

Use of the squad. Non existent.

Completion for places. Non existent.

Football style. Non existent.

Attacking play. None.

Balance. None.

Midfield. None.

Link up or cohesion. None.

Subs in game management. Non existent.

Gerrard needs to go.  The guy is out of his depth as a Premier League manager.  

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He gets most of next season for me. If there's been little improvement this time next year then I might start calling for his head. 

And in a years time we'll be rebuilding the squad to add some width and trying desperately to transition away from Gerrardball, regretting a wasted season and a big bundle of cash we've pissed away.

The supposed structure we had at this club has been thrown away, so it feels like we're kind of all in on this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He gets most of next season for me. If there's been little improvement this time next year then I might start calling for his head. 

Definitely not asking for him to get sacked. Just really worried about what I am seeing on the pitch in terms of tactics and player performance. This should be at least a solid mid-table side.

• Like 1

Couldn't see the difference between his game and Bruce all today.

If the answer is to give him £200 million for him to rip this side up and bring in Coutinho; Suarez and  Gomez plus others then God help us.

Totally the wrong appointment that Purslow is going to have to put right. Unfortunately he hasn't shown that he likely to do it quickly as he is a Steven fan.

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Definitely not asking for him to get sacked. Just really worried about what I am seeing on the pitch in terms of tactics and player performance. This should be at least a solid mid-table side.

I've been concerned that we chucked Deano away for nothing. But there is the unknown about Gerrard and his ceiling could be significantly higher than Smith. I was hoping to have seen more by now but its the direction we've chosen to go in so another 12 months is a minimum really to see what develops.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

A real student of the game, his only impression on our squad so far is turning them into nasty bastards who are more interesting in fouling the opposition than playing football. I’m fast losing interest and this is no better than under Smith.

• Like 2

Last few months this formation has been massively found out.

O.k Bailey is poor but he's not going to flourish as a CF imo, Leverkusen never played him in that position.

He's obviously decided now Coutinho and Buendia can't be on pitch at same time together so that's a big long term question mark given we signed one for 30m + and want to sign other for similar amount.

Currently we just look a workmanlike team that really is very boring to watch so that's a downgrade on what we were generally like under the previous manager albeit with Grealish massively raising our level most of the time.

A few weeks back I said top 10 and 50 points should've been a realistic target. We'rre going to fall way short of that.

Â