Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

😂 he’s ice cold.

Love this. Many ex-players/managers would have said "ofcourse but I'm gonna try put that behind me and win the game" bullshite. Not Gerrard, proper serious, like he has never been there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Letting players turn up later to training, because they were up all night playing Fifa, was sweet of him,

Well if that’s how you want to frame it, he also didn’t let them go until well into the early evening where as Gerrard is letting them do what they want after 12PM.

Of course you don’t actually know when Gerrard is holding the training sessions or literally anything about them.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

Gerrard:

"I'm really pleased with the result but we still need to iron out some issues," Gerrard, who will make an emotional return to old club Liverpool managing his new side on Saturday, told BBC Match of the Day.

"There's loads of work still to do. It took a few home truths at half-time to sort our issues out, to rejig our shape and a few other things.

"All you can ask of your players is to perform, we did that. I thought we were outstanding in the second half. But can we do it for a full 90 minutes without me having to get on the players' back at half-time?"

Very interesting, any of these players who "arent on it" regularly will quickly be dropped like a stone i reckon, and rightly so.

We did see the same issue under Smith tbh, the players seemed unable to link 2 halves of good performances together in the same match, good that Gerrard is on them, but at some point he will just jettison them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't wait till he can bring in his players.

It's funny, he's got so many performances out of this team that you wonder if he brings someone new in whether they will be able to match these performances from the start. Fascinated to see who we go for and which position.

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Every second half we come out a team possessed, he must give them a right rocket at half time.

I think early doors this is the main positive thing a take from Gerrard. Forget the 3 wins, formation, systems, line up etc. IMO his biggest attribute currently on such a small sample is his ability to fire this team up when things are not good. Palace aside we have been pretty slow getting going but have started to have this knack of wrestling ownership of the game off teams. It's a pretty good trait to have as a team. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Unbelievable start. The man is doing great things right now. 

Can't wait till he can bring in his players.

I really hope we won't be going berserk with a shitload of new signings. I actually want to see what Gerrard can do with this squad. We have plenty of quality across the pitch. Think we do need a powerhouse, athletic new LB/LWB though. 

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I really hope we won't be going berserk with a shitload of new signings. I actually want to see what Gerrard can do with this squad. We have plenty of quality across the pitch. Think we do need a powerhouse, athletic new LB/LWB though. 

So do i. I think 1 on 2 to keep things fresh. He will need to put his own stamp on it. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I like his interview after todays game - we've won and he's pleased, but he's still in a bit of a mood and he's not one for celebrating the small stuff. Shut down the Liverpool question sharpish too.

All business.

I like what he says. I'll be so disappointed if he goes all Houllier. Surely someone at the club will remind him of how that went down. 

Just watched the Carragher/Gerrard interview (linked below - with timestamp to my comment), i love that when he was asked "what can people expect from a Gerrard Team?", he replied something like, "i want our opposition to feel us, every good team i have played in was aggressive and teams knew it when they played us"....love it.

I just love the wording....."i want teams to feel us"....lol, great comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

😂 he’s ice cold.

Yeah, that was ace.  Just totally put it right out there, unequivocally.  Like the ONLY thing about going to Anfield was an opportunity to win some points. 

The man isn't made of ice.  He's pure liquid hydrogen. 

On the point of "he'll be off when Liverpool come calling" who wouldn't? What manager in our history wouldn't have with the POSSIBLE exception of Smith and I still wouldn't bet on that. 

What manager in world football could we appoint who wouldn't be off the second that Liverpool, or Chelsea, or Man Citeh, or Man United or Arsenal or Tottingham if they've got their shit together come calling? 

I can't grasp why anyone would hone in on what Gerrard would do if Liverpool came knocking because he'd just do what everyone else would. 

• Like 4

Â