The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I understand what you are saying from a logical point however i am a fan of this club and everything that happens to it , i will still hold those emotions attached and this appointment may be good however from a business point of view fair enough but its still that person so its never going to feel right unfortunately , not saying hes not also a modern thinking manager but id rather it were someone else , again this has nothing to do with his potential for success because i think he looks like he could do well. I just do not want to hear Stevie G’s aston villa because that will truly truly make me sick!!! 

But why? 

i just don’t understand the contempt for the man.

• Like 1

I’ve reconciled myself to the fact that it will be Stevie G now. I still think it could be a massive car crash, but I desperately hope I’m wrong and i’ll be 100% behind him when he’s appointed.

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's got to consider himself pretty fortunate that he's managed to get a job like this at this point in his career. 

Have Villa ever had a manager with less experience?

John Gregory only managed Wycombe before us I believe (only for 2 years I think). 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I understand what you are saying from a logical point however i am a fan of this club and everything that happens to it , i will still hold those emotions attached and this appointment may be good however from a business point of view fair enough but its still that person so its never going to feel right unfortunately , not saying hes not also a modern thinking manager but id rather it were someone else , again this has nothing to do with his potential for success because i think he looks like he could do well. I just do not want to hear Stevie G’s aston villa because that will truly truly make me sick!!! 

You'll quickly make a U-turn once we start winning football matches. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I'd agree with that. Although I'd say, experience and proven at a similar level lower the chances of it being a disaster. 

Possibly so, but we should maybe not be talking about disaster unless and  until we can see it actually is a disaster.