The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

What do you mean by someone will make the first team one day ? 

They can't elaborate in case the source is given away. Suffice to say someone who doesn't currently play for our 1st team will some day. And if that's not enough info to keep you satisfied you're just being greedy.

• Haha 2

What I’m saying is you have someone who has been told info and someone that will make the first team but you jump on them and take the mick when they have info and are villa through and through just like everyone else on here .so you complain when there is no idk but when someone tells you info and someone will make the first team. You say shouldn’t post on the site .this isn’t against everyone this is the people taking that think I’m just some kid lying 

11 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Can anyone post some exciting stats about Stevie G's managerial career. I need something to get the juicies going 

Get the claret and blue ribbons (or whatever they are) on that Premier League trophy...

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

No one is Guaranteed to bring our club success, no matter how knowledgeable or experienced they are purported to be.

However, If Steven Gerrard is our next manager, I will be highly delighted.

Why?.....He is a born winner, its in his DNA, its in his psyche, its in his mentality....It could be in his salary as the owners are equally taken by him...wealthy businessmen usually know the value of most things.

Steve has been a player of unparalleled proportions, accruing over a hundred caps, captaining one of the best clubs in Europe, lifting European cups and leads from the front, in all situations.

As a manager, he is relatively new, but has taken a Huge club, from a damaged place to back to the top of scottish football....some will baulk at the standard of the league, but winning is not easy at any level....He has still wrestled the mantle from another massice club in celtic, when Celtic ruled the roost, during Rangers demotion....it has been a remarkable rise, like a phoenix from the ashes.

Personally, I think it could be a perfect fit....good for SG to be challenging the elite managers he so craves to be, and great for Villa to get back that competitve edge, so needed to further our ambitions. It will undoubtedly raise our profile, outside of B6.

I hope it happens, and I will support him like I have done all our managers of the past.

Well said TRO 👏🏼 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

No one is Guaranteed to bring our club success, no matter how knowledgeable or experienced they are purported to be.

However, If Steven Gerrard is our next manager, I will be highly delighted.

Why?.....He is a born winner, its in his DNA, its in his psyche, its in his mentality....It could be in his salary as the owners are equally taken by him...wealthy businessmen usually know the value of most things.

Steve has been a player of unparalleled proportions, accruing over a hundred caps, captaining one of the best clubs in Europe, lifting European cups and leads from the front, in all situations.

As a manager, he is relatively new, but has taken a Huge club, from a damaged place to back to the top of scottish football....some will baulk at the standard of the league, but winning is not easy at any level....He has still wrestled the mantle from another massice club in celtic, when Celtic ruled the roost, during Rangers demotion....it has been a remarkable rise, like a phoenix from the ashes.

Personally, I think it could be a perfect fit....good for SG to be challenging the elite managers he so craves to be, and great for Villa to get back that competitve edge, so needed to further our ambitions. It will undoubtedly raise our profile, outside of B6.

I hope it happens, and I will support him like I have done all our managers of the past.

I’d be relatively pleased , not sure I’d go as far as highly delighted though . 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They can't elaborate in case the source is given away. Suffice to say someone who doesn't currently play for our 1st team will some day. And if that's not enough info to keep you satisfied you're just being greedy.

That could be said of several academy players though 🤣

2 minutes ago, ada86 said:

What I’m saying is you have someone who has been told info and someone that will make the first team but you jump on them and take the mick when they have info and are villa through and through just like everyone else on here .so you complain when there is no idk but when someone tells you info and someone will make the first team. You say shouldn’t post on the site .this isn’t against everyone this is the people taking that think I’m just some kid lying 

Mate nobody thinks you’re lying. But whoever told you this information clearly is. Have a word with them.

4 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Don’t worry my friend there is much banter on here but no need to take things to heart - your comments are as welcome as anyone else ,  there will always be knockers mate, don’t let it put you off , we are a friendly bunch  👍 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

Looks like it is going to be Steven Gerrard then. 

I'm worried by his lack of experience at a higher level than a two-horse race league but, we, all know that as a player he had a dogged determination to win. He was a no-nonsense player and if he's taken that into management maybe it will add that steel that we all feel is missing. 

For those wanting a ball-winning midfielder (like me), if there was ever a man needed to identify that surely it is Gerrard? If we need it he will see that for sure. 

I'm concerned that if he goes in with a big tough attitude it may destroy the apparent good atmosphere all around the club but, at the same time, as it all become a bit too nice and easy for everyone? 

The one thing that cannot be denied is that the guy is a winner and will be respected by all of the players at the club for what he achieved in the game. 

I will give him, or whoever else is appointed, my full support and time to make their changes to the club/players. 

2 minutes ago, ada86 said:

Mate, you're always gonna people jumping on you when you makes ITK comments.  You need to just take that on the chin and ignore.

The truth is we'll never really know whether you are or aren't but again you need to just accept that.  You should always feel free to post anything you like on here (within the obvious guidlines)

👍 UTV