The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

24 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He is the only one of that has turned in a match winning performance so far. But to address your point he has had only 2 starts, isn't really fit enough to start games yet (due to his injuries), in a team that has been all over the place. So I'd say your assessment is very harsh.

He's not had enough game time for an opinion to be formed. But in the last two games he's been atrocious. His sub appearances prior to that have been very positive. So a mixed bag so far

1 minute ago, The Other Mat said:

Percy reckons there's a clause of around £2m. So £25m seems a tad steep haha

Yeah the £2m has been reported in a few places. Simon Jordan said Gerrard would have a release clause for sure in his contract

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Simon Jordan thinks this may well be a lot of hot air 

For who’s benefit?  If there wasn’t something in it at all, I think Gerrard would have distanced himself by now. 

I think if he turns it down if its offered to him, he doesn’t come out of it with an enhanced reputation as he would look like he was scared to come out of his comfort zone.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i thought that was celtic with all the plastic paddies in the states?

I think the Americans also have a few of these people they call 'Scotch-Irish'. 

6 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Percy reckons there's a clause of around £2m. So £25m seems a tad steep haha

Not sure a 41 year old Stevie G is worth that much anymore, but we finally got him for a bargain £30m, lads!!!  CM position is sorted!!!

Edited by KMitch
  • Haha 1

One things foe sure, it'll be great to have a bit of passion on sidelines. 

I know we have said before we don't need a shouty manager, but there's no doubt it helps the players when it's looking flat. Can't wait to see him bol****g the players from the dugout.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not sure a 41 year old Stevie G is worth that much anymore, but we finally got him for a bargain £30m, lads!!!  CM position is sorted!!!

Why stop there, others are available? JT to stiffen up our central defence again and Frank to play alongside Steve to show that they really can play together after all. :D

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I love how the "Smith Out" crowd are all on their high horses now, telling the rest of us to grow up...  The irony is sickening...  

But it's glaringly obvious fans who didn't want Smith sacked either want a Klopp or GTFO. Like a world class manager are the only ones better than Smith.

Unfortunately aint happening.