Christmas 2021

sidcow

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well I got my Xmas drink out of the way on Friday. We finished work early and went the pub in our work gear. Didn’t spend much and not going brum now. Glad I got it out the way and so is the missus . Two more days left at work. 

My director "you may aswell finish on Friday (17th) untill the new year". Great!

"Just keep an eye on your Emails and reply to any important ones".  Hmmmm!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've actually never seen It's a Wonderful Life

Cineworld are showing it tomorrow night so I'll probably pop down and see it

Is a great film, mrs made me watch a few years ago and was shocked I’d never seen it.

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cheese Footballs

Sorry Mr Bickster; as much as I respect you, I have to say that cheese footballs are pure evil 🤮

(I presume you mean the semi solid cream cheese in a wafer coating ?)

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

My director "you may aswell finish on Friday (17th) untill the new year". Great!

"Just keep an eye on your Emails and reply to any important ones".  Hmmmm!

I've just had to log onto my work laptop and go through about 100 emails that I need to action that came in when I was off last week. 

Christmas used to be about unwinding. Now it's just pure stress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd never seen it until 3 nights ago.

It's brilliant, but maybe better watched when you're in a more positive mood? 😕 It's got some dark themes! 

I cried my little lapal eyes out 🥺

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's brilliant, but maybe better watched when you're in a more positive mood? 😕 It's got some dark themes! 

tenor.gif

Really better suited to the pointless trivia thread but as we’re here. 

Thomas Mitchell who played Uncle Billy in It’s a Wonderful Life was one of two actors to portray Columbo before Peter Falk. 

Here he is on stage with Joseph Cotten in Prescription:Murder, six years before the TV movie version with Peter Falk in the role.

55CD95FD-D422-401C-9D11-A614C286A550.webp.28946ac0550f9cc617a090894be03a78.webp

Bert Freed was the original Columbo in an anthology series a couple of years before Thomas.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I made my family watch it last night.  I'd only seen it once 20+ years ago.  They initially gave me a hard time because the first hour seems unrelated to Christmas and George is a bit of an a**hole at times, particularly right before he meets Clarence.  I'd been telling them how i thought Rudolph is an awful Christmas special because Santa and the other reindeer are jerks until they need Rudolph, so they gave me a lot of stick  about tolerating George's a**sholery.   By the end, my daughter said she really liked it and hugged me and thanked me for making her watch.

Never seen it either. Other than the quick clips that are in Home Alone and Christmas Vacation. One day perhaps. 

The films I never watch that everyone else seems to are Die Hard, Gremlins etc… they aren’t Christmas films to me. Even Lethal Weapon is apparently a Christmas film 😐

My favourite scene is

George Bailey losing it, ranting at his wife and kids and making them cry, then going off to get pissed and running his car into a tree.

James Stewart acting against type (the usual nice guy image). 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've never seen it either.  Heard so many people say i should but I dunno,  just doesn't appeal to my cold heart!

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Sorry Mr Bickster; as much as I respect you, I have to say that cheese footballs are pure evil 🤮

(I presume you mean the semi solid cream cheese in a wafer coating ?)

You are quite correct, they are foul but they are the taste of Christmas Past

And I reckon they won't stay in the cupboard longer that the jars of fruit in syrup that my missus always buys at this time of the year and NEVER uses and we end up throwing them out two years later

• Like 2
  • Haha 1