Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

We’re eleven games into the season. We have 26 games to get around another 28 points. I’m not quite sure we should be paying too much attention to other teams’ results quite yet. Just concentrate on doing the business ourselves.

We aren’t that’s the problem and showing no signs of improvement.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

We aren’t that’s the problem and showing no signs of improvement.

Well obviously not at the moment. Given that we have 26 games to go and need just over a point a game to stay up I’m not particularly fussed that Norwich have won away at Brentford etc. just yet.

We have half a team worth of injured players to come back and a January transfer window to sort out midfield issues. It’s a bit early to be wetting the bed because Burnley fluked a point away at Chelsea. 

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

As bad as our position looks, we are also only 7 points off United who are in 5th, so long way to go, wether Dean stays or goes, I expect us to be safe. 

Norwich and Newcastle will go down, then it’s just 1 of Burnley, Leeds or Watford imo. 

That means nothing, Tommo. We are looking down, not up.

• Like 1

We really really need to wake up now.

Not too concerned about Norwich (indeed this is sort of result that will seriously knock Brentford's confidence) but every season Burnley always pull out a very good run for 2-3 months and I'd suggest beating Brentford 3-0 and getting a 1-1 at Chelsea is indication it's started.

If we don't do anything we're going to be 18th very soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone still thinking Palace and Brighton will be straightforward?

Was anyone really thinking that? I mean we're completely awful year in year out at Selhurst Park and they look a genuine top 10 side under Vieira now so they'll go into that match as big favourites.

I struggle to believe DS will get Brighton game but he simply has to win that. For all Brighton's good play they haven't won since middle of September so in one of their annual winless runs when they play well but simply don't score enough. And they've just lost their first choice keeper.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was anyone really thinking that? I mean we're completely awful year in year out at Selhurst Park and they look a genuine top 10 side under Vieira now so they'll go into that match as big favourites.

I struggle to believe DS will get Brighton game but he simply has to win that. For all Brighton's good play they haven't won since middle of September so in one of their annual winless runs when they play well but simply don't score enough. And they've just lost their first choice keeper.

Bare in mind also, Palace have probably just " rebuilt " over half a team

2 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

We’re eleven games into the season. We have 26 games to get around another 28 points. I’m not quite sure we should be paying too much attention to other teams’ results quite yet. Just concentrate on doing the business ourselves.

Yes I couldn't care less about other teams results we need to take care of our own performances and results and we wont even in a relegation battle or anywhere near it. Mid -table should be our target but maybe to do that we need a change the manager 

• Like 1

I didn’t expect it but based on performances I’m worried. At least I might be able to get a ticket for me and my kids if we get relegated again. Every cloud and all that. We do not look like a good side at the moment and I’m still having nightmares from the Watford game. Going to be a long season.

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bare in mind also, Palace have probably just " rebuilt " over half a team

They just signed some really good players. Joachim Anderson was very solid for Fulham and given our issues at CB would've been good pick up for us. Olise emerging talent and yeah Conor Gallagher did alright at West Brom so one we probably should've looked at but can understand at time passing him up.