Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

The sad thing is, we have the better players, just an inept manager, I’m in the smith out camp. Something behind the scenes has gone horribly wrong, terry and rok leaving are part of the problem 

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

45 minutes left for Smith I feel. Sorry , I dont blame him for the goal but these players have gone backwards individually and obviously collectively. That is on him. Love the bloke but the mojo is gone.

we're not going to sack him without someone else lined up for the job to replace him. that being said I think he's on pretty thin ice right now sadly as I love the bloke too. he's turned it around before when we've had absolutely horrendous periods, but he'll have to do this quickly.

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

There is something definitley brewing in the villa camp..have the exact same feeling as i did when we shot brucie out of the villa cannon

Yep, think it’s been brewing since terry and rok left 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

This is part of the issue in my opinion…. The owners have lost all interest. 
We are already in the relegation dog fight…all teams will be seeing us as the weakest in the league at the moment. 

This. We absolutely are in a relegation fight, we are as bad as Norwich, I am also sure all stats will back this up

Just now, Danishlad said:

this team has gone backwards since Shakespeare arrived

This did cross my mind a few times. Although, you could argue we played our best stuff in the Autumn of 2020, with Shakespeare. 

We certainly seem more prone to long balls and cautious pragmatism. We’re not playing the kind of football Dean Smith made his career with. 

The thing that frustrates me is I know if we'd done a bit better earlier in the season, this isn't how we line up. Smith would love to give A Ramsey, Chuk or PB a chance, but he's boxed in, defensive and trying to save his job, and so we're playing this tugid team of b-listers because he's gone for experience.

I'd rather lose and give youth a chance, but he's in a position where he can't risk it

• Like 1