Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Managed to get on wifi in the ground which is a first and possibly the only positive of the day so far. Took 4 trains and a replacement bus to get here.

Dont like calling out players mid game but Targett is having a shocker. Young is playing himself out of contention to replace him. Everything is very flat. Performance and atmosphere. Gifted them two goals really. Not good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t think we’re as bad as VT says. We’re very much still in this.

We are still in it, mainly because West Ham are also looking quite poor. But all we need to do is start placing the passes properly and controlling the ball and we can still get something.

1 minute ago, JPJCB said:

Have all the sky sports pundits forgotten the names of our players? I’ve heard “the defender” and “the keeper” as well as “mcgill” and “Bondia” so far

If you expect anything more from Redknapp I blame you. The guy is an idiot, he’s on TV because he’s inoffensive. 

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Agreed, just bringing in a non-Villa perspective...supporters of a team can be an echo chamber among themselves, and the echos are all very bad right now...

you are right, we can be echo chambers, but my eyes tell me we have been terrible again so far today, and for quite a few games now, its really concerning to watch some really talented players play like they have two left feet.

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

For what it's worth Martinez should have saved both goals. Poor from Emi. He's ben brought back in whilst not being mentally at it after such a long trip. Bad management

When did he come back?

This is McGinn though. Great reverse pass tos et up Buendia for the assist, but then loads of chipped shitty passes forward. 

He doesn't have full games of being great and then poor, just goes between the two in each match.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We might need to spend less time on elaborate set piece routines and more on playing through the lines. I also don't understand why we decided to drop 10 yards deeper as soon as we equalised. The 1st 10 minutes were a disgrace too but there were times when we got the ball down and showed glimpses of being a decent football team again. 

West ham are tough to play through when we play forward passes, I ain't kidding the female pundit has got it spot on when she said we need to play side to side. We started to with pressure, score and start playing forward passes again and we go another down from playing it out the back as well.

I just think there's obvious play which we aren't doing in phases and it's costing us.

We put west hame under pressure or most clubs when we just take it to the opposition and don't let them breath but the moment we sit off or become to passive we let errors slip in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Keyboard warriors? 

Done my penance, VP will never change 

If that’s how you feel about villa fans maybe it’s time to move on . VP has great atmosphere but the players are the spark to ignite the fans . Slagging off VP fans crazy . Plenty of spare seats over the other end of 5he city , 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allani said:

This shows quite clearly the thing that worried me most about Smith.  We seem to have (long) spells under him where we get in a poor run of form and he struggles to get us out of it.  Last season we had 13 matches to get 10 points.  Season before we had a 13 match run yielding 8 points and then another 15 games for 9 points.  Looks dangerously like we are on a similar run at the moment.  Yes it has been a tough run of fixtures but we have been second best for long spells of the last 5 matches and don't seem to have any answers or learned from any of the mistakes we have made.

His record at Brentford is the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Managed to get on wifi in the ground which is a first and possibly the only positive of the day so far. Took 4 trains and a replacement bus to get here.

Dont like calling out players mid game but Targett is having a shocker. Young is playing himself out of contention to replace him. Everything is very flat. Performance and atmosphere. Gifted them two goals really. Not good.

Safe travels back :thumb:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

There are rumors that Shaky is a bit of a bellend and ROK & Terry couldn't get on with him. But he stayed in Dean's good books so he's the last man standing.

I can believe this. He does give off bellend vibes. 

• Like 1

If/when we actually play football, we create a little bit. Waiting around to be pressed in our own half, then hoofing it at our sub-6-footers vs Zouma and Ogbonna is never ever going to work. We have to get Johnson and Cresswelll isolated or pulled out of position to make anything happen. 

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

If you expect anything more from Redknapp I blame you. The guy is an idiot, he’s on TV because he’s inoffensive. 

Bloke's made a living out of wearing tight trousers for the mums. 

Was angered by the Young for Ramsey sub but he's actually been better than McGinn and Buendía. Which says more about them than it does him. 

The dropping of Mings had the air of a manager under severe pressure making a rash last chance decision. Didn't think it was at that stage but maybe it is.