Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The alternative is 2 18 year old midfielders. Which is on the manager as well btw

Then play the 18 year olds. I thought we were past the days of right backs all over the pitch, clearly not. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

and bringing Young on for Ramsey, i just dont get it.

It's one of those decisions, where if it doesn't work, like the continuing of 3 at the back or the same line-up after the Wolves debacle, that really starts to hurt a manager. I hate to say it, but Dean seems to not be thinking clearly lately.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

a paper isnt always right, anyone who watched that half and thinks we were good, or that it was even an acceptable performance, needs their eyes checking.

Agreed, just bringing in a non-Villa perspective...supporters of a team can be an echo chamber among themselves, and the echos are all very bad right now...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Are Villa supporters too harsh? The Guardian's minute-by-minute report at halftime: "Peep peep! West Ham lead after an entertaining first half at Villa Park. There hasn’t been a huge amount in it, but West Ham have been a peedie bit more relaxed, confident and willing to take risks." A very different read...

Yes 

I think Young has been our best palyer so I think that was a good sub. Two bad errors for their goals has cost us and I wonder why Arsenal let Martinez go and see the difference in the distribution from Ramsdale compared to him.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

For what it's worth Martinez should have saved both goals. Poor from Emi. He's ben brought back in whilst not being mentally at it after such a long trip. Bad management

There was never any chance of Smith starting Steer if Emi was remotely available, and tbh I'd expect any Premier League manager to make the same decision when faced with those options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hitting long balls to Watkins isn’t really going to work and our lack of play through the middle is concerning. We need more of the ball going to Bailey and Buendia. 

Long ball is a perfectly fine tactic...if you have someone supporting the striker to mop up knock downs from CBs or CFs.

We don't have anyone doing that. So it just goes to Rice who sets off an attack. 

Needs to change. 

Edited by May-Z