Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/21 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Not sure how true but I've been told that Mings was dropped for bullying Cash, and McGinn and Hause stepped in. Again unsure of true or not but worrying that so many rumours of a bad dressing room are surfacing.

Mings doesn't strike me as a bullying type and surely that would go against everything else he speaks about. 

If he is a bully then his credibility with me would disappear down the toilet 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Why is it that some Villa fans have to ask other Villa fans who should replace the manager? Is that you believe there are no other managers available in the world? Amazing that other teams don't seem to have a problem getting a replacement manager!

Well I think he'll be gone soon. 

It's part of the same argument, do you think DS should be sacked? Yes

who do you think should replace him? I'm not telling you.

Its a discussion forum. To share opinions and the rationale behind them. You only sack someone with someone better ready to come in. 

I hope you have a lovely evening.

Just now, briny_ear said:

Just watching Dean Smith in denial. Quibbling with refereeing decisions and fantasising about the quality of our performance. 

“A very tight match” and we played with “passion, enthusiasm, quality, and energy”. 

Wowsa.

It's usually a bad sign when the manager starts making stuff up. 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Just watching Dean Smith in denial. Quibbling with refereeing decisions and fantasising about the quality of our performance. 

“A very tight match” and we played with “passion, enthusiasm, quality, and energy”. 

Wowsa.

He is living in his own fantasy world. The guy is a joke.

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Nope someone I know who coaches at kids level who has a relationship with a few at the club

I have a very hard time seeing Mings “bullying” anyone. Getting in someone’s face out of frustration, certainly, but bullying has never seemed to be part of his disposition.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wowsa.

He’s lost the plot.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

It's not your job to sack him either but you've no issue in making decisions there. 

I never said it was my job to sack him did I? Show me where I said it was my job to sack him!

Oh as for the red card that’s never a red imo. I can kind of see why he’s given it, but it’s incredibly harsh. 9 times out of 10 that’s not a red. 

However I think Hause’s probably was a red so weirdly it evens out

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Mings doesn't strike me as a bullying type and surely that would go against everything else he speaks about. 

If he is a bully then his credibility with me would disappear down the toilet 

I agree, but as someone who suffers from mental health I know that sometimes my passion comes over as overbearing and looking back could be seen as bullying and opinionated, even though I my head it's just me getting my point across.

Tyrone has said himself he has had issues whilst with England. It's horrible. I lost my soulmate by not realising how I was being was not how I felt it was. Maybe the same for him?

I don't know, just what I was told earlier. **** you mental health!!

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I agree, but as someone who suffers from mental health I know that sometimes my passion comes over as overbearing and looking back could be seen as bullying and opinionated, even though I my head it's just me getting my point across.

Tyrone has said himself he has had issues whilst with England. It's horrible. I lost my soulmate by not realising how I was being was not how I felt it was. Maybe the same for him?

I don't know, just what I was told earlier. **** you mental health!!

Can't disagree with that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wowsa.

For what it’s worth I thought it was a pretty tight match too up to the red card. They scored with two long range strikes.

Their keeper made a stunning save from Watkins’ header and the red card obviously made it difficult for us.

The games we’ve wasted playing the stupid 5 at the back and odd decisions such as ever starting Hause ahead of Mings when both are fit are far more of an issue for me than that overall performance today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh as for the red card that’s never a red imo. I can kind of see why he’s given it, but it’s incredibly harsh. 9 times out of 10 that’s not a red. 

However I think Hause’s probably was a red so weirdly it evens out

Unfortunately their clear red card was ignored by VAR, and the player that got away with it went on to score or assist their next 2 goals.

Our player that escaped the red card proceeded to do absolutely nothing.  Sums our luck up at the moment 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wowsa.

That's revealing and dispiriting. Usually he's pretty good with honestly accepting our failings in a game, but we were shite all game.and outplayed. Masking up the blindingly obvious suggests quite a bit of tension with Dean at the moment.

Also to those or question it why the hell should fans be expected to provide the other managers on the spot? It is a nonsense argument. I follow villa.and that's mostly.it. I don't really know of any managers as other football generally doesn't interest me, but I presume among the hundreds of clubs out there and those not working there will be candidates worth looking. The club are responsible for that decision, but shutting down people for not providing the immediate answer is baffling. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I never said it was my job to sack him did I? Show me where I said it was my job to sack him!

I haven't said you did say that. That would be ludicrous, (unless your Wes or Nasseff in disguise). You wouldn't put forward a suggestion for the next manager because it isn't your job - yet it also isn't your job to sack the manager but you are more than willing to make that decision. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Not as bad a second half a performance as might have been expected in those circumstances. But for me, conceding in the first 10 mins, then again within 5 mins of scoring (spurs game deja vu), and then inviting all kinds of pressure in the first 5 mins of the second half tells you all you need to know - terrible game management. Not keeping it tight at the right times. 

That's the big difference this year compared to last year - mentality. We've had a number of games where the team has fallen to pieces under not much pressure. Ultimately that's a coaching issue rather than anything else (Terry's departure might have impacted). Also some worrying signs of the positive culture Smith was rightly praised for starting to break down in recent weeks - e.g. Buendia and Sanson tantrums. Not looking good. I'm a smith defender overall but don't see him lasting much longer at this rate. 

Good analysis mate

Â