Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

Once again… VAR gets pulled in to allow the powers that be to dictate a result to how they want it so not to upset the status quo…

There no excuse here , it's a penalty end of, if you put yourself in a position where you are diving in to clear a ball in the box then you are asking for trouble to begin with 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I don’t see much wrong with the VAR decision tbh. 

Targett gets his toe on the ball

But for me the telling thing is lacazette sees he's not getting the ball, takes half a step forward then falls over 

His fall is a dive, its not natural movement reacting to any contact 

The more i think about it the more that penalty goal should not have stood. How long a passage of play would the ref theoretically allow before a goal is scored? Taking the ball to the byline, passing back to a player who then scores? Is that allowed?

No way a penalty but what was Targett making that challenge for. Sums up the half, we seemed hurried, panicky and not at the races. Hate to say it but we have not replaced Grealish with a player that can the heat of the game and keep the ball., Maybe Bailey can make a difference. But that was rubbish!

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

With no exaggeration, that's probably the worst first half performance by us I've ever seen. Arsenal deserve to be at least 3-0 up, perhaps more.

I agree. I’m sure there have been some absolute shockers but I genuinely cannot remember ever playing this badly. This was lost as soon as he stuck with the same **** formation as last week. 

May not be a penalty, doesn't really mater to me , playing this way we don't deserve to be in contention. 

This formation does not work for our team. 

would love to see 3 the back, 4 in the middle, 2 wingers and Ings on his own , but it wont happen