Pre match thread

roonst83

19 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Hate these Friday games. 

Got the potential to ruin my entire weekend. 

This. At least if we embarrass ourselves on a Saturday, there's only 1.5 weekend days to go.

Also football shouldn't be played on a Friday night, sorry but it shouldn't.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This. At least if we embarrass ourselves on a Saturday, there's only 1.5 weekend days to go.

Also football shouldn't be played on a Friday night, sorry but it shouldn't.

Personally, its a really good time to watch the football and means that I have the weekend to do things with the kids.

Hopefully, we can give them a good stuffing and then bask in the glory all weekend.

It is still frustrating though ... if we had held on against the dogheads and won tonight, we could have been going in to the weekend in the top four (albeit having played a game more) without ever having managed to field our best XI (might do tonight) and having played four of the big six away from home in our first 9 games! 

• Like 1

I predict that we'll start either 5-3-2 with the same starting XI as against Wolves, or 4-3-3 with Cash/Konsa/Mings/Targett, Dougie/Ramsey/McGinn, and Watkins/Ings/Buendia. I don't see us starting with a 4-2-3-1 without Bailey or Traore available to start.

Of course, now that I said that, Deano will start with a 4-2-3-1.

I see a real backlash after the Wolves game, really going for throat in terms of the game.  

I think they’ll be up for it and ready for the fight.

It’ll be attack, attack…attack

So that’s the likely reactions of some posters commenting on Smith whatever the result, as for the result or performance of the players I’m nervous but looking forward to it. 😉

Edited by nick76

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So that’s the likely reactions of some posters commenting on Smith whatever the result, as for the result or performance of the players I’m nervous but looking forward to it. 😉

I really doubt that. I think VT posters give credit to Smith, particularly so following a win and if we put in a good performance he gets credit too, remember losing 0-3 to Chelsea. It is quite unfair to accuse fellow fans like that tbh. 

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I really doubt that. I think VT posters give credit to Smith, particularly so following a win and if we put in a good performance he gets credit too, remember losing 0-3 to Chelsea. It is quite unfair to accuse fellow fans like that about fellow fans tbh. 

It was a joke…chill out!  

Did you see the wink emoji!  

Just a bit of light heartiness before the heat of the battle of the game.

Helloooo :) 

Nothing other than an Arsenal win here. Probably 2-0 or 3-1. Will be very comfortable for them, Arteta will be a hero and there will be talk of champs league returning to the Emirates next season.
For us, it will be 5 defeats from 9, however this will be deemed acceptable to many.
Enjoy the game!  happy weekend!