Pre match thread

roonst83

Dean is NEVER going to please us all with his selections, we all have a different approach in mind and he is the one that trains it all week.

In Dean we trust get behind him and stop moaning about his selections and tactics 

Although I wouldn't have played Tuanzebe, I wouldn't play 5 at the back, I wouldn't play Watkins and Ings together and I wouldn't give Mings a free role to play where he wants 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Haha 1

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

In Dean we trust get behind him and stop moaning about his selections and tactics 

it is football forum, we are all behind Deano and want him to succeed. Nothing wrong with discussing our views. Otherwise whats the point of a forum

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh shit Saka’s starting. They got a dangerous attack! 

Yep. Every opposition player gets injured and then it turns out it's only minor and they're fit to start the next game.

With us our players get injured and are out for weeks and then when they are available they have to be on the bench because we're too cautious to play them. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Maybe, but to say “he’s obsessed with the formation and will never change” is demonstrably wrong. I’m not keen on the formation either but making stuff up to for a narrative is poor. 

What did I make up?

Edit: I see what u mean now. Sorry!

Edited by Peter Griffin

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

it is football forum, we are all behind Deano and want him to succeed. Nothing wrong with discussing our views. Otherwise whats the point of a forum

what you like :) didnt you read the rest of my post 

Although I wouldn't have played Tuanzebe, I wouldn't play 5 at the back, I wouldn't play Watkins and Ings together and I wouldn't give Mings a free role to play where he wants 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So those on the bench aren't fit enough to start

Disappointing but is what it is 

If this line up is still here next week I'll be concerned

Tuanzebe has to be better 

Spot on!

Disappointed we haven’t gone 433 but I guess that team, Smith feels, got a fairly comfortable 2-0 against Wolves for 79 minutes but the subs and defensive implosion lost the 3 goals.

AEG is really out in the cold then, I guess Smith has read too much VillaTalk about AEG given he’s not getting a starting place when most of our attacking talent are still coming back from injury.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

What I don't like with this formation is that you are sacrificing an attacking player to get in another defender. 

I think it is appropriate for some away games but sticking to it all the time is frustrating. Particularly when Targett doesn't look good as a wingback and we have lots of talent on the bench to allow us play 433

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I had 2 beers this afternoon after work. I don't know weather it's because of that, but I can feel a personal melt down if we don't win or impress in this game. I'm going to apologise now for my reactions after a loss.

I am currently on beer number 2 and I am starting to get warm feelings and am thinking 3-0 to Villa