The_Steve

Let's not gloss over the fact that he has left by mutual consent. They could have hung on to him to get some compensation. The guy is a nightmare who falls out with everybody. 

He had a clash with Tony Bloom and there was only one winner.

31 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Let's not gloss over the fact that he has left by mutual consent. They could have hung on to him to get some compensation. The guy is a nightmare who falls out with everybody. 

He had a clash with Tony Bloom and there was only one winner.

Had a release clause of £12.8m, which you'd think they'd try to get. Assuming De Zerbi did something to make the situation untenable however.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Can't help but feel Brighton are about to go into a decline. Sort of already happening.

Yeah, I get kinda Southampton vibes. Having to do a mini rebuild every season after selling their star players is not sustainable on the pitch. Finances no doubt fine thou

• Like 4

If they finish 10th then it'll be Brighton's third best ever finish of all time. 

I guess decline is a subjective term. 

Just now, Xela said:

If they finish 10th then it'll be Brighton's third best ever finish of all time. 

I guess decline is a subjective term. 

No, it is a great season for them. I am just saying I can sense they will struggle to remain a top half premier league team going forward whereas last season they looked like they could be knocking on the door of the top 4.

• Like 1

They're making big overtures about showing more ambition this summer, have said previously the aim has been to finish top half, but after record profits or whatever it was, they've said the target is to qualify for Europe and to win a trophy.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Had a lot of injuries, they be fine next season unless they re-hire Potter than can see a drop off

maybe potter will go back had a taste of big time it didnt work out

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

No, it is a great season for them. I am just saying I can sense they will struggle to remain a top half premier league team going forward whereas last season they looked like they could be knocking on the door of the top 4.

No, they still have a truck load of outstanding players coming through the ranks, they will be fine for the next 3 seasons at least. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Had a lot of injuries, they be fine next season unless they re-hire Potter than can see a drop off

You think re-signing Potter would be a mistake?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

You think re-signing Potter would be a mistake?

A big one. Just having 2 of highest finishes in club history and his drab style will take them back

Edited by Zatman

6 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah, I get kinda Southampton vibes. Having to do a mini rebuild every season after selling their star players is not sustainable on the pitch. Finances no doubt fine thou

If you look at their spine it's actually still alright. And very very young.

Their young keeper struggled a bit but he's still made the Netherlands squad and might be first choice? Van Hecke at the back had a good season. Joao Pedro scored 20 in 41 games so he's more than justified his signing and is only 22. Adingra was starting to look dangerous in final weeks so if he can establish himself more next season they'll likely sell Mitoma for big money. Enciso had a long spell out injured but is also a big talent.

Where it all collapsed and really irriated De Zerbi for much of the season was selling MacAlister and Caciedo in same transfer window and barely replacing either. Had Gilmour and Gross as their regular CM duo which is o.k but a big downgrade and meant they were far more vulnerable defensively and couldn't control the tempo of games.

They need to correct that this summer and then with no Europe they can challenge for 7th again perhaps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

De Zerbi seems a touch overrated to me, not sure why he's touted for CL level jobs

Same. Potter did alot of the hard woek there and left the foundations 

Must also remember key players like ferguson and march have been injured most of season thiugh

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they will go for cooper

That's someone I hadn't considered. Actually think he'd be a really good fit. Year at Swansea like Potter did and he can purely coach there and not be interrupted by having to integrate 20 new players every six months like at Forest.

Â