Energy Bills

Genie

There really should be a national campaign TV, Radio and online about the boiler settings. 

If absulutely nothing else, just the massive environmental benefits of an entire nation burning a few percentage points less gas will help the planet, but when you add in the terrible financial cost people are suffering it's something that really should be shouted from the mountain tops to help them. 

I saw something about The Government cancelling some kind of campaign recently about saving energy so it's probably another completely illogical and stupid decision by this lot. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They seriously just knocked on your door unexpectedly without an appointment? Have you checked your wallet? 

Exactly what I was thinking. Anyone who knocks at my door without an appointment, a parcel, or a warrant is being told to get to ****

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

There really should be a national campaign TV, Radio and online about the boiler settings. 

If absulutely nothing else, just the massive environmental benefits of an entire nation burning a few percentage points less gas will help the planet, but when you add in the terrible financial cost people are suffering it's something that really should be shouted from the mountain tops to help them. 

I saw something about The Government cancelling some kind of campaign recently about saving energy so it's probably another completely illogical and stupid decision by this lot. 

Think it was Jacob Mogg who had a 15 million pound campaign to do just this but Liz Truss blocked it...

44 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Think it was Jacob Mogg who had a 15 million pound campaign to do just this but Liz Truss blocked it...

Dim Lizzy. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

I've seen a lot of condenser boilers emitting steam from the external piping on houses and the windows are open.. 

I don't think people understand they can save themselves a lot of money, just by not being completely stupi.. oh. 

• Like 1

Bbc running a story about the large numbers of full LNG ships just hanging around off Europe's coast. 

3 reasons given:

1) Lack of facilities to re-gassify it into usable gas. 

2) Gas storage facilties are much fuller than they were expecting, aimed for 80% but are now at 95%

3) Warm weather so far in Europe means significantly less gas has been used so far this winter than was expected. 

That's got to hurt Putin.

Would be immense if this warm weather went deep into winter and the price of gas collapsed. 

• Like 1

Apart from yesterday when we got back off holiday and had a load of washing to dry we’ve barely touched the heating. Just 2 or 3x 1 hour boosts. Mainly just to make sure it’s all working ahead of the middle of winter, we could have gone without them if we wanted.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Apart from yesterday when we got back off holiday and had a load of washing to dry we’ve barely touched the heating. Just 2 or 3x 1 hour boosts. Mainly just to make sure it’s all working ahead of the middle of winter, we could have gone without them if we wanted.

yep same, think i've had the heating on for 4 hours in total so far this autumn.  But hope it stays mild, Jan and Feb are when it can get really cold!

Only had the heating on a bit, and that was when I was recovering from Covid and felt a bit shivery. 

Still mild though, which is great news. 

On 18/10/2022 at 13:09, lapal_fan said:

I've seen a lot of condenser boilers emitting steam from the external piping on houses and the windows are open.. 

I don't think people understand they can save themselves a lot of money, just by not being completely stupi.. oh. 

I commented on this to a passenger that was going to a particular house. Turns out the mother has some sort of joints problem and needs to have a hot house or she's in pain but her kids have to open the windows in their rooms otherwise they'll be too hot

I felt a bit of a word removed for mentioning it

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

I commented on this to a passenger that was going to a particular house. Turns out the mother has some sort of joints problem and needs to have a hot house or she's in pain but her kids have to open the windows in their rooms otherwise they'll be too hot

I felt a bit of a word removed for mentioning it

Seems like exactly the use case for TRVs, they'd probably pay for themselves within a month with prices at the moment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Seems like exactly the use case for TRVs, they'd probably pay for themselves within a month with prices at the moment

Yep, or give her a plug in heater just for the room she’s in.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I guess it's not worth reporting the the cost of fuel anymore. Deisel gone up 10p a litre in the last week, but not to worry aye!

Yeah, back up into the high 1.80’s here. I saw 1.98 for a litre of diesel on the A45 near Birmingham airport the other day.

Â