Energy Bills

Genie

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Ah! 

Congratulations to the other one! :)

Yeah... Quite the surprise. Me and the missus have five kids between us all aged 25 to 35 and weren't expecting any sprogs at any time. 

The don't pay campaign seems to be gathering traction.

I looked at their website a few days ago and 15k were signed up.

Looked again today and it's over 95k.

I wonder what the figure will be at the October 1st Deadline and how many go through with it.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

The don't pay campaign seems to be gathering traction.

I looked at their website a few days ago and 15k were signed up.

Looked again today and it's over 95k.

I wonder what the figure will be at the October 1st Deadline and how many go through with it.

I hope everyone refuses 

What they gonna go of 3/4 of teh country doesnt pay? Stick everyone in jail? Black list everyone?

• Like 1

Should stop buying electric cars too, makes you wonder if this is why prices are going up. Electric cars being sold like others are out of fashion in Europe. Gotta have a effect on energy prices.

Ohh, an talking about fuels, the cost of a barrel is back down to Feb 22 prices so that's 40p less fuel should be costing us, instead of 10p less, if you can find it that cheap. 🤬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah... Quite the surprise. Me and the missus have five kids between us all aged 25 to 35 and weren't expecting any sprogs at any time. 

"Grandad Rob, tell us about the Beach Boys, vinyl and lesbians again pleeeeasssee!'

Nice one Roberto 👍 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

it’s time to go and set fire to parliament

Don't worry, the knackered electrics will soon do that anyway. They have spent years delaying the repairs.

I think it would be somewhat symbolic if the whole thing goes down in flames (without anyone getting hurt)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope everyone refuses 

What they gonna go of 3/4 of teh country doesnt pay? Stick everyone in jail? Black list everyone?

They could probably black list a lot of people very quickly, easily and cheaply. Then the debt will rise and rise as they add their interest and fees. 

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

They could probably black list a lot of people very quickly, easily and cheaply. Then the debt will rise and rise as they add their interest and fees. 

I don’t get the whole we won’t pay idea, forget that it’ll ruin you for years 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Indeed. What I don't think a lot of people realise is how much of the CCJ process is automated. It's not going to grind the courts to a halt, it's going to have a horrendous impact on people's credit for 6 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed. What I don't think a lot of people realise is how much of the CCJ process is automated. It's not going to grind the courts to a halt, it's going to have a horrendous impact on people's credit for 6 years. 

I work in a bank and see peoples life’s ruined if they don’t pay a phone bill for three months 

6 hours ago, Giro said:

I work in a bank and see peoples life’s ruined if they don’t pay a phone bill for three months 

Seems to me there is a lot of man in the pub talk about this.  A lot of "they reckon" and "they can't" going on. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Many households are falling behind on energy payments with total debt owed three times higher than in September last year, a survey has suggested.

Almost a quarter of households owe £206 on average, according to comparison site Uswitch, which surveyed 2,000.

Uswitch advised people falling into debt to speak to their provider to work out a more affordable payment plan.

Oh shit.

The government said it had "continually taken action to help households" with rising costs.

:crylaugh: 

The consultancy also expects bills to increase much more sharply in January, with the average household paying £355 a month, instead of £164 a month currently.

Citizens Advice said it has helped more than 47,000 people with energy debts so far this year. The average debt amount was more than £650, the charity said. 

"Every day we hear from people who can't afford to turn the lights on or cook their kids a hot meal," said Morgan Wild, head of policy for Citizens Advice. 

"The government did the right thing by bringing in targeted support, but it won't be enough for people to manage these previously unthinkable price hikes."

BBC

When the government announced the help it was giving people back in May of £400 for most households up to £1200 for some households the price cap was then predicted to be £2800 in October. It is now predicted to be £3500 in October, £4200 in January, £4500 next April. If £400 was deemed to be needed based on £2800 then what is deemed to be needed based on £4500? The poorest households are basically going to need to be given the whole of that £1700 increase on top of the £1200 help already promised. It is simple as that as anything less won't be enough. These bills also aren't going to suddenly decrease are they back down to the £1200 a year average they were in January so where is the long term plan beyond looking at the next few months? Truss is on about cutting taxes but that won't help pensioners, disabled people, those on in and out of work benefits. 

I saw Martin Lewis on GMB this morning and he rightly went in two footed on the missing in action government.  

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Won't be long until there's a full scale riot.

Watch crime rise as people go to extreme measures to earn some extra cash. Police will be at breaking point and the Government will have us out at 7pm clapping them in support.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

When the government announced the help it was giving people back in May of £400 for most households up to £1200 for some households the price cap was then predicted to be £2800 in October. It is now predicted to be £3500 in October, £4200 in January, £4500 next April. If £400 was deemed to be needed based on £2800 then what is deemed to be needed based on £4500? The poorest households are basically going to need to be given the whole of that £1700 increase on top of the £1200 help already promised. It is simple as that as anything less won't be enough. These bills also aren't going to suddenly decrease are they back down to the £1200 a year average they were in January so where is the long term plan beyond looking at the next few months? Truss is on about cutting taxes but that won't help pensioners, disabled people, those on in and out of work benefits. 

I saw Martin Lewis on GMB this morning and he rightly went in two footed on the missing in action government.  

All these really high projections are based on averages of previous highs and months, the live market continues to climb aggressively day by day. The figures you mention will quickly become £5500 to £6000.

Agree with you, the 400 was to help with about of a third of the value of what the reality is now likely to be. Needs to be 1500 to 2000 to help out.

Â