Match Thread: Villa v Everton

limpid

Here's what confuses me. We went out great guns against the European champions, a much better side, and tried to bring the game to them from the off. 

Here we've played the same formation but we've looked sluggish and hesitant in running at a much worse side than Chelsea.

Why attack against a team like Chelsea and end up on the end of a heavy loss, but then look tentative against a beatable team like Everton?

Doesn't make any sense.

Just now, LondonVillian said:

We have been poor to be honest - created no real chances. 

Watkins and Ings not linking up at all. 

Sorry, but we've had 3 great chances.  The Mings bullet header from our early corner, the McGinn shot wide left, and the blocked McGinn shot, followed by the Cash shot wide ride.  Everton has only had one great chance when Iwobi nearly played Rondon in...

I'll agree that the forwards need to link up in the channels more, just like that run in from Ings there.  

Just now, a m ole said:

Maybe it was something to do with the CONCUSSION

We're no worse than other teams, I'm not specifically singling us out for criticism, but incidents like this where a player is forced off ten minutes after being cleared to play suggest the protocols aren't worth a damn and we need to be doing more.