January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Adama Traore being touted around at £20m...

Seems cheap and would certainly add a lot of pace and strength to the team. I know he's a marmite character but I'd be all over him at that price. 

He only fits in our system as a right back..... so keep that in mind.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We just brought Trez off the bench to replace Traore in a loss to Brentford and people are against us signing Coutinho. You couldn't make it up

He cannot get a start for the worst Barcelona team in 20 years

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the link this morning from somebody was that we wanted Nat Phillips as Gomez wasnt available

Haven't see that one, just went with the overnight papers, wondered where you'd got the scouse connection from - I figured Kalvin had stolen a car or something as a youth.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah, we were (bizarrely) linked to Kalvin Phillips from Leeds in the papers overnight - not the occasional Liverpool centre back.

I saw that and was confused why the Phillips talk had suddenly come up again, but it turns out we weren't really linked to him, it was just Gregg Evans in the Athletic saying it would be his dream signing of the window and that he knows Villa would still be interested, there was no actual suggestion we were going to try for him, and then any other report just picked up the line "Villa are still admirers" and left out the part where Evans said it definitely won't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He cannot get a start for the worst Barcelona team in 20 years

There's a lot of talk that they can't play him because he'll reach an appearances milestone that triggers another £10m of the Liverpool transfer fee and they simply don't have the money.

• Like 3

Only me getting a semi at the idea of Coutinho then? If he can perform to even half of what he’s capable of it would be incredible. We are so devoid of creativity right now this should give a boost, and the players ought to be excited.

Coutinho or Trezeguet????

• Like 2