January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, useless said:

When people say why would we strengthen Newcastle and give them a chance of stayin up, and other such reasons for not loanin them Targett, do they not think the club haven't thought about all this? We're obviously not as worried about them staying up as some fans, they're not suddenly going to turn into Bayern Munich if they survive, it's completey different situation to the Man City takeover.

Also is he even a massive improvement on who currently plays left back for them? Then there’s the whole fitting in to the team phase etc.  I like Targett but he’s hardly a world class left back. 

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What the difference between 5 Billion and 500 Billion from the perspective of buying players and paying wages? 

The obvious reason. One number is a lot bigger than the other. 

Our owners clearly know trying to brute force our way to the top wouldn't work anyway, hence their admirable continuing investment in youth. Something I find more exciting than our big name signings currently.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Did he also say that it's light or dark outside at any given time? 🤣

Take a look at West Ham and Everton in the past for a transfer strategy that is neither planned nor opportunistic.

They just get to deadline day, have a look around and think 

want.jpg

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not sure if this was posted but putting it here. This guys sister-in-law works at Bodymoor and has had a few scoops in the past. Take it for what you will....

Surely his sister in law would just get fired for leaking info? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I can see Newcastle's spending going one of two ways:

• FFP is ignored and the Premier League rolls over and looks the other way with sanctions/points reductions out of fear of losing a legal battle against a bottomless pit of money.  This opens the door to several other clubs blatantly breaking the rules again.  
  • FFP is ignored and the Premier League comes down hard on Newcastle with sanctions/points reductions and they slide down to the Championship.

In no way do I see them automatically becoming a Champions League club quickly, just because they have a lot of money.  

They will break the rules. They will spend astronomically to get players. When reprimanded, they will appeal and appeal and appeal until the PL cannot afford the lawyers anymore to work on the nth appeal. The same will happen with UEFA when they try to apply their rules.

This is from Khaldoon Al Mubarak (City Chairman) a few years back when asked about sanctions from UEFA;

"I would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them (UEFA) for the next 10 years"

Newcastle's owners have more money than them so they will be willing to spend more on legal expertise. FFP is a speck of dirt on these lads' shirts. Brush it off and carry on as normal. Slide down to the Championship my b****x.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The obvious reason. One number is a lot bigger than the other. 

Our owners clearly know trying to brute force our way to the top wouldn't work anyway, hence their admirable continuing investment in youth. Something I find more exciting than our big name signings currently.

Does that not apply to Newcastle too?

And, in fairness, I know the numbers are different, is there any effective difference when it comes to buying players? 

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not sure if this was posted but putting it here. This guys sister-in-law works at Bodymoor and has had a few scoops in the past. Take it for what you will....

But he says he’s not allowed to say anything at all but has tweeted to the world- so he has said something the blithering idiot.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

They will break the rules. They will spend astronomically to get players. When reprimanded, they will appeal and appeal and appeal until the PL cannot afford the lawyers anymore to work on the nth appeal. The same will happen with UEFA when they try to apply their rules.

This is from Khaldoon Al Mubarak (City Chairman) a few years back when asked about sanctions from UEFA;

"I would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them (UEFA) for the next 10 years"

Newcastle's owners have more money than them so they will be willing to spend more on legal expertise. FFP is a speck of dirt on these lads' shirts. Brush it off and carry on as normal. Slide down to the Championship my b****x.

Did you even read the post you quoted?  I literally said the same thing before the bit you bolded.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I reckon Robert Ryan is on for a threesome with his wife and sister in law

22 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The thought alone of VT malding for the next 6 months over signing Chambers to be our starting DM makes me want this to actually happen now.  

On another note, I don't think DM is as much of a need as everyone else here seems to think...  This window is still a 10 out of 10 for me.  COUTINHO & DIGNE!!!!

I like your optimism, and indeed those signings are great, but the problems we had controlling the game, liberating the ball and actually getting it to the world class front 3 at the start of the season are still there. You could have Messi up front but if the b***ard doesn’t touch the ball all game he may as well be Hogan.

It’s a fundamental cog in the machine that’s missing, and we don’t get Marv back until, what, late March? 

Luiz will do his best (if he’s here), and it will be ok, but unless we sort this we will have half a team’s worth of wasted potential.

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I've seen the video on the internet of how this ends. Lets just say it gets messy.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Did you even read the post you quoted?  I literally said the same thing before the bit you bolded.  

Whoops. I misread it as "for fear of losing out on a bottomless pit of money". Apologies.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

I've seen the video on the internet of how this ends. Lets just say it gets messy.

It’s okay though because he hasn’t used her real name apparently. Forget the fact that he has his surname in his Twitter handle and presumably he shares this with his sister in law. It is of course all bollocks anyway.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Does that not apply to Newcastle too?

And, in fairness, I know the numbers are different, is there any effective difference when it comes to buying players? 

For me no it doesn't. Our owners are respectful classy owners one of whom is very experienced in Sports. Newcastles are used to beheading any opposition so clearly are not indifferent to bullying their way forwards. They won't give a stuff about the rules in exactly the same way they didn't give a stuff about being told by all & sundry they were not welcome owners.... heck even the houses of parliament said it shouldn't happen didn;t they? .... Yet a year or so later and a now resigned dodgy FA official or two later and here they are! So what on Earth is the difference FFP is going to make? 

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

nintchdbpict000330972206.jpg?w=960

• Haha 2