January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

59 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We definitely need another CB otherwise it would be insane letting Tuanzebe go.

DM we don't necessarily need to sort until the summer, but would be great if we could get one of our main targets in.

Thought they were recalling axel so we dont have a choice?

14 minutes ago, RichW said:

Hopefully we will read that Villa have agreed a deal with somebody over the next couple of days otherwise going into the weekend gonna be preparing for disappointment. 

I know what you mean but let’s not forget how well we have done already. I’m actually looking forward to February 1st so I can start to focus on getting excited about watching Coutinho again. In a Villa shirt no less!

10 hours ago, pete101 said:

Gomez , for me I'd welcome this one.

I put myself through a Liverpool podcast earlier today to see what the Liverpool fans thought of this one, my god it was a tough listen.

So the podcast had the Irish guy I think we all remember from the 7-2 plus another irish guy ( as another Irish man this was highly embarrassing to realise our education system had produced these two gentlemen), so it began how it's probably a good move for all three parties, ok ya I'm agreeing. Then they say he walks into villa team as best CB at club, hmm I'm not sure. But then they started quoting price, get ready,

50million

No didn't make mistake he said,

50 million.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They are bloody deluded.  Maybe 2 seasons ago but not now when he can’t even get in to the Liverpool match day squad.

If we could loan him with an option to buy I think it would be good business.

21 minutes ago, RichW said:

Hopefully we will read that Villa have agreed a deal with somebody over the next couple of days otherwise going into the weekend gonna be preparing for disappointment. 

Hilarious. Every window like spoilt children. We've had it better since NSWE than for a decade before

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Hilarious. Every window like spoilt children. We've had it better since NSWE than for a decade before

Disappointment will be more about possibly not signing a DM. It's been a priority for ages. Wouldn't be so bad if Nakamba wasn't injured for so long but if we don't sign one then we are going to see the same frustrations in midfield for the rest of the season. 

Just now, RichW said:

Disappointment will be more about possibly not signing a DM. It's been a priority for ages. Wouldn't be so bad if Nakamba wasn't injured for so long but if we don't sign one then we are going to see the same frustrations in midfield for the rest of the season. 

It's the same load of need a DM obsession rubbish on here constantly. Our 433 looks great with several options for the middle 3. Luiz Mcginn Ramsey Sanson Chuk. People just love to moan

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's the same load of need a DM obsession rubbish on here constantly. Our 433 looks great with several options for the middle 3. Luiz Mcginn Ramsey Sanson Chuk. People just love to moan

All are great options for the number 8 positions and is fine for when playing the bottom 6 teams. Coming up against teams in the top half/mid table it doesn't look solid at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichW said:

All are great options for the number 8 positions and is fine for when playing the bottom 6 teams. Coming up against teams in the top half/mid table it doesn't look solid at all. 

7-2

8 minutes ago, RichW said:

We've been dominating the midfield recently. Things are starting to click. It's the attack not putting away chances. Nothing to do with lacking this mythical VT DM 

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think we looked on a completely different level when Nakamba was fit. So I agree with the sentiment of needing a proper 6 in our midfield.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We've been dominating the midfield recently. Things are starting to click. It's the attack not putting away chances. Nothing to do with lacking this mythical VT DM 

I agree with the attack not putting away the chances but also felt the team looked a lot more solid when Nakamba started Gerrards first 5 games. If Nakamba was still fit I don't think Luiz is getting much game time (although he would have gone to the AFCON). With the current midfield I can still see a few more Brentford away type of performances in the second half of the season. 

11 hours ago, pete101 said:

Gomez , for me I'd welcome this one.

I put myself through a Liverpool podcast earlier today to see what the Liverpool fans thought of this one, my god it was a tough listen.

So the podcast had the Irish guy I think we all remember from the 7-2 plus another irish guy ( as another Irish man this was highly embarrassing to realise our education system had produced these two gentlemen), so it began how it's probably a good move for all three parties, ok ya I'm agreeing. Then they say he walks into villa team as best CB at club, hmm I'm not sure. But then they started quoting price, get ready,

50million

No didn't make mistake he said,

50 million.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They know Eddie Howe is back in a job so they can up the prices on fringe players

I think Gomez would be a very good signing if we're confident he has recovered properly from his injuries. He's had a couple of nasty ones, but there was a time back in 18/19 I think it was, when he was absolutely superb alongside Van Dijk.

He certainly fits the profile with regards to age, just not sure if he'd get much game time here. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not sure how Luiz fits into their midfield combinations, just seems an odd fit to be honest.

I think he'd sit alongside Partey in midfield?
It's a good fit for Luiz in terms of the location. I can see this having legs.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he'd sit alongside Partey in midfield?
It's a good fit for Luiz in terms of the location. I can see this having legs.

what about Lokonga?  I think if they go for another midfielder they will be in the same position as us and not looking for a Luiz skillset but a Bissouma type skillset.