January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

55 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I love small, diminutive, skilful players but it goes back to balance yet again. The only physically imposing player/starter we have is Mings… we’re often outmuscled or overpowered (particularly in midfield) against many teams. We could do with a bit more help.

John McGinn says hello! 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Given that Gerrard wants 2 quality players for every position then I would fully expect "9 Names' to sit on the bench. 

Eventually yes but we are starting to build now and our need for a CDM and 2/3 CDs comes before yet another No. 10. 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nico Schlotterbeck❔German Centre Back 

Has not played for Liverpool or Everton so I imagine that is out of our scouting scope 😛

He had been linked with Bayern and Spurs but Newcastle he has apparently already turned down for 40 million 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has not played for Liverpool or Everton so I imagine that is out of our scouting scope 😛

He had been linked with Bayern and Spurs but Newcastle he has apparently already turned down for 40 million 

Ha ha, who hasn’t turned down Newcastle now!? 😂 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me, it's more replace Engels/Tuanzebe and Hause if he is off.

Ming's has his faults, but replacing him is nowhere near a priority imo.

Management could see it differently though.

All I would say is, to improve, we need more than just very good stoppers. We need a CB confident on the ball with a good passing range and ability to step out. I have seen Mings showcase some pretty smart feet when running at the opposition, I think he must be being encouraged to do so as he hasn’t shown this prior to this season. I guess the test will be if it suits him and he is able to. Mings is a first rate stopper, a big, imposing CB, but is he a modern CB and could he score more being usually the tallest man on the pitch? 

Gerrard has also signalled that he is willing to compromise pure defensive output for more progressive, offensive support and outlet from his defence (with Digne). I don’t think anyone is above being replaced at the moment if it improved the team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ha ha, who hasn’t turned down Newcastle now!? 😂 

An issue could be with newcastles scattergun approach to targets prices will no doubt be adjusted with an extra Saudi tax added .

I’m sure there is a lot of overlap in targets especially centre backs. 

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Tried to sign his sister for the women's team but apparently he doesn't have one. We were told by the family that there ain't no Schlotterbeck girl.

Man, I was looking to make this reference and read on. No doubt

• Like 1